Linking back to Stacy...
Currently in the Southern Tier of New York
Weather at 8:15 am...79 degrees, humidity 71%, dewpoint 69. Yeah, gonna be a hot one today, like yesterday.
Ron / Step father in law News...they were suppose to move him to the Univ. of Rochester yesterday. They didn't-he isn't stable enough to do so. We ended up returning early has he took a turn for the worse yesterday. The dr. also asked us to keep his mother/ my husbands mother at bay. The dr. will only speak to us and phone calls are now being fielded through to us, the hospital will no longer allow calls through. Per Ron and the dr. There is a rather disturbing story behind that request, one that doesn't bare mentioning because it is so unbelievable--luckily the dr. caught my mother in-law so its not that unbelievable, sad.
Yesterday...
Put the fat little piggies in the cold glacier fed water of Keuka Lake (one of the Finger Lakes). Keuka is 20 miles long (means Crooked Lake) and in the middle it is 187 feet deep and it has loudmouth/small mouth bass, lake trout, brown trout, salmon, and mussels. AND one has to wear water shoes due to the shale bottom. It is also glacier fed and that area is highly notable for the vineyards.
I was amused by the young folks and their antics. I wanted to scream out 'watch out', as it does drop off. They found that out rather quickly. {{grin}}
It was just a beautiful glorious summer day. By 10 am it was like 85, by the end of the day it was 95 and darn right icky. We made our way to Avon to the big flea market, then to Geneseo and had lunch at KFC-had to sit in the car due to "covid restrictions".
I am listening too... the ac's and fans running and hubby talking about the news.
Today's Plans...
Staying barefoot or in flip flops {{grin--day off}}.
Have to go get dog food.
Awaiting news about Ron.
Probably going to have leftovers (Sloppy Joes from last night).
Resting up due to the fact I have a 6 day week this week. I am working July 4th until 4:30, time and half. Fine with me.
Work is...going fine. Last week was an easy week...this week, not so much due to vacations and such (as the upcoming holiday). Getting the hang of things and received a very nice compliment from the OSHA lady at work and my boss's assistant on Saturday. They are very pleased with my work ethic and performance and that I was very liked and respected, thanks Dan (my boss's assistant). {{grin}}
In the kitchen...since its summer, not much. My husband did make Sloppy Joes late last night. Plenty of leftovers.
Health/Weight...yikes, I better slow down. Thanks to the new job and working hard, clothes are no longer tight, my blood pressure is way down (unbelievable!), all my clothes fit better, body hurts but not like it did prior to this job. I guess physically working hard is the thing to staying active, young and healthy...not so sure about the young thing, grin. most def. do not want to end up like Ron or my mother in-law and prefer to stay active like my parents and our 85 year old landlady.
HA, pretty much. Our mail was kind of "wet" yesterday. Have a great day all.






Your weather sounds exactly like our weather. It was 79 when I went to bed last night and it was 79 when I got up this morning. Have a good day at work, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThanks Robin, hope you have a beautiful week ahead.
DeleteOne of our favorite wineries is on Keuka Lake, Keuka Springs....their "Celebration" wine is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been there, I just prefer to prop up a chair and gaze at the water, LOLOLOLOL.
DeleteSounds like you are loving your job! It keeps you active which is a good thing. One thing I always say to myself when I am exercising is "Keep active and you will stay active" It's very true!
ReplyDeleteWell, I never really paid attention much to all that, and I should of when I was younger...smiles
DeleteHi Linda. What your family is going through is really hard. You are in my prayers. I am so glad that you like your job, that it is going well, and that you were able to get away and have a nice day trip yesterday. You are sure right about staying active, and how that helps with so many things - mentally and physically. Have a good one. Hugs from UT. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a beautiful week, Deb. smiles
DeleteUgh, I'm not a fan of hot, muggy days. I'm sure those are ahead for us as well, being that it's Summer. It's been really "cool" and rainy for us lately. Now this is the kind of Summer I can handle.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the FIL and MIL. They are so blessed to have you all as guardians. I pray this trial will end soon. Y'all sure are wonderful people.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Thanks pal, grin. smiles
DeleteIt's hot and muggy here too. Glad the job is going well and that it's making your health better too. I probably need a more active job too to force me to move more. Hope you have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI really should of listened to my parents when I was younger...it sure is hard(er) getting in shape now, lol.
DeleteHi Linda:
ReplyDeletePrayers are with you all.
Hope you get relief from the heat.
Have a good day my friend.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
Thanks Gloria...and keeping you both in prayer as well.
DeleteP.S. the sloppy joes sound good to me.
ReplyDeleteWe have leftover hamburgers.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
well...although they are good...my husband bought Manwiche, which gives me heartburn. Usually I buy sloppy joe seasoning packets and a can of paste...well, the shopping was left to him this past week. sigh. I'm not complaining, lol.
DeleteGlad you got a little R&R in. That lake always looks beautiful. So sorry to read the update on the folks. I know it is hard, especially when they don't do anything to make it easier (on them and on you guys). Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteWow, we had sloppy joes this weekend too!!I make my own from hamburger, onion and a little green pepper, sweet pickle relish, mustard, ketchup and a can of tomato soup, and a little water. They were so good. Hubby wanted his over a hot dog, like a chili dog, except it was a sloppy joe dog! I tried it and it was good, but I would have preferred the chili, but our son who lives here doesn't like chili because of the beans...go figure... Anyway, been keeping you and the family in my prayers. I know this is very hard. may God give you all peace. Take care and rest when you can.
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDelete{{{waving}}} Maine is still calling me...sigh...
DeleteGlad you got to get away, but so sorry you were called back home.
ReplyDeleteGlad that the Dr caught your MIL in whatever she was up to. It's good for other people to see it.
I'm also glad that your new bosses are seeing your good work!
So sorry you are having to go through all with your step FIL. It is hot and muggy here and no rain in sight. You are an asset at work and that should make you happy.
ReplyDeleteHot hot hot... so what else is new this time of year! Keep on keeping on.... :)
ReplyDelete