Friday, December 11, 2020

Word(s) of the Year...

 Thank you all for the kind comments. I have once again fallen behind, working 9 hr days...I know...no excuse...let me bring Good Tidings of words. Have you noticed what the word of the year is for 2021?


Words. Have you ever thought of how much words mean? Words can be so funny and so serious. I also find it a funny thing to reflect back on my previous word of the past year. Funny thing that word; not that I planned it, mind you. My word always finds me. Take last years for the prime example.


Those word(s) def. fit me. It fit me due to the difficult final senior year at the University. Thanks to the Covid breakout, it was immensely difficult. Now, here I am in another a storm, yet again, trusting the Lord. The 2021 Word most def. fit me, again, didn't pick it, it picked me.


Funny thing about words, right? Reflecting and planning for the year requires patience and diligence and yet, it can be so difficult to do so especially when one it seems is in the eye of proverbial storm. I took this from Proverbs 19:21; The Lord's Purpose will stand. Funny thing is, it is just like last years. What does this mean? I dunno. I'll have to think on it. Until next time...

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't even thought about my word for 2021 yet, and to be honest, and the moment I can't remember what my 2020 word was. I have to go look at it. That's sad. I've totally lost track of that...OH, it was JOYFUL!!! Okay...I guess I've been saying that a lot lately in my last few blog posts..."Let there be Joy in this place", and "Little Christmas Joys", etc. and I have tried to be JOYFUL in all things, but it has been very trying this year for certain. Now I need to pray about next year's word. Thank you for reminding me. I honestly have forgotten about it...I usually don't post it until January 1st anyway...so I have a few weeks to think about it. Whew! You saved me! LOL. I hope you are doing okay, dear friend. You have definitely been stalwart this past year. It's been a hard year for you especially, but you have persevered and have come through stronger for it. I believe your next year is going to be very good. God has big plans for you!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Pamela...since I am def. leaving the comfy cushy job of an income for the unknown. It prb. should of been Faith, but I clearly heard STAND, not any other word.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow - that is awesome. That verse is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari...like I was just telling Pamela...I clearly heard the word STAND...I was pretty confused---still am...but I am so not going to question it. grin.

      Delete
  3. That's a great verse, and a great word for 2021. Fits you perfectly. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed you have your word already. My Bible study group has started to pray for God to reveal our new words, but after this year, we are all just a bit worried about what word we may get. I mean, I got ABIDE in 2020 and then the whole world shut down so I had lots of time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It --the word Stand has been on my mind...it seems I have heard it clearly for a while now.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even pick a word for this year and that's just as well! Not sure I'll find one for this year but maybe it will find me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I believe the word(s) finds us, not the other way around, smiles.

      Delete
  6. When you "know" something you just don't have to understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont usually have a certain word for the year but I may take this one and dwell on it. You have certainly had a hard 2020 so praying 2021 will be your year my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you've done all you can—STAND. Seems perfect to me. So, my friend, you owe no excuses. This is your blog and you do what you need to do. This is not a priority, At least, that's what I tell myself about my own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Its shameful I have to be reminded by God's word. (not meaning to be mean to your thoughts, I am just a saying-in this busy world, I have to be reminded, smiles)---and INDEED. SMILES

      Delete
    2. Hey, I had to look it up and add it as a P.S. You reminded me!

      Delete
  10. I didn't even pick a Word Of The Year for 2020. Maybe it's my fault, then, that all this government tyranny has happened. I knew I shoulda ate those black eyed peas. *lol* I promise to do just that this year. I like your Word. I'll have to give mine some contemplation. Stay tuned ...
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and I am so sorry for the bad year you have had.. 2020 was no picnic for anyone, it seems. I love how the word "Stand" found you. I have low expectations for 2021, and I hate going into the year now without a word! I hope one finds me soon! A huge matter of prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)