Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Stealing

 Joining in with the Sunday Stealing. Thank you all for the kind comments yesterday. Since I didn't get home from work until after 10, I have fallen behind in answering them.


Star or Angel?


We usually have a star. But this year, our landlady gave us a lovely angel.

White Lights or Colored Lights?

I prefer colored.

Blinking Lights or Still Lights?

I like both-to which our tree has.

When do you open your gifts?


Early Christmas morning. You have to remember, I have a 54 year old child. He acts worse than the 23 year old. LOLOL---that was my gag gift to him; Monopoly for Cheaters.

Do you buy gifts for your pet?

Yep

Be honest: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

I can't ever remember getting a bad gift. I love all gifts.

Have you ever traveled for the holiday?

Once and never again.

Did you see Santa as a child?

Yes

Can you name all the reindeer?

Yep- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and the most important of them all Rudolf.

Have you ever gone caroling?

Nope

Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?

We use too. But haven't this year.

Have you ever left Santa cookies?

Darn ((snapping my fingers)), forgot this year.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?

Yes.

Have you ever made a gingerbread house from scratch? From a kit?

From a kit. I actually have one to make, but never got around to it. Will save it for next year.

Be honest: Do you think the season is too commercial?

Yes. I for one, are tired of seeing commercials with folks with masks on. America is quickly going the way of China. I better leave it at that.

Imagine you were going to create the quintessential holiday soundtrack -- which song(s) absolutely must be included?


I love singing that song at the top of my lungs. LOL

What are your Christmas pet peeves?

I don't have any.

13 comments:

  1. I think it is so neat that everyone does something different at their house for Christmas. We have a live tree with colored lights and mostly home-made ornaments on it. The top this year is a Christmas hat that Jim made 2 years ago when he was in the assisted living home. We wanted part of him with us. We did ride around and look at nights but didnt leave Santa any cookies. We have had a white Christmas and wish we had this year. With Jim gone, it was a different Christmas all around but we tried to keep our spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I got our son-in-law Monopoly for Cheaters last year. This year I debated between buying the Race for the White House edition or the Redneck edition for all of us to play. I got the Redneck one then forgot to take it on Christmas Day. I loathe regular Monopoly but these special editions are often fun. I love my Big Bang Theory edition. We only looked at lights last night because I called for takeout pizza when we left Sam's Club and we had to kill some time. I have to say, it seems like more people than usual decorated this year so it was very pretty to see. I hope you are off today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Monopoly is a hoot! How I wish I knew someone ANYone to give it to! Meanwhile, I'm singing along with you ... badly, but loudly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the cutest angel on our tree for years until all the lights broke. Now I just have a big bow on top of the tree. I still have my angel and should fix it for next year! Oh well, Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your angel tree topper is gorgeous! Too funny about your husband being like a child at Christmas. That is awesome! I love the gift you got him. I love all gifts too and do not have pet peeves when it comes to Christmas. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was nice that your landlady gave you an angel. I wore a mask as directed by my doctor if I was going to be around kids. I got the flu after Thanksgiving and was sick for 2 weeks! We did not ask anyone to wear a mask and by dinner mine was off too. There was no way we were canceling Christmas with the family! My tree is like yours. It has both color and white and both. Cute picture of your hubby. I like you background. Happy Sunday Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monopoly for Cheaters! Love it!! I enjoyed your post, Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your responses to the Sunday Stealing questions, Linda. No topper on the tree for the last few years because I have decorated my wrought iron tree and it really doesn't have space for a topper. White lights this year! Yes to Christmas Caroling in the past and nope to driving around to look at lights. And yes, the season is too commercialized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy after Christmas dear Linda. I loved reading your answers. I love a Star or an Angel and have had both before. But this year I made my topper and loved it. I prefer white lights on my tree and they don't blink but it wouldn't bother me if they did. I just love the lights of Christmas. Marty and I open gifts on Christmas morning and girl, I have bought the grandpups little gifts for the last couple of years. I know...some think that is silly but my grands love it that I do. I can't remember ever getting a bad gift to be honest but then I love everything. No, we do not travel for the holidays. I want to be close to my family at home. I still can't name all of the reindeer and do not even try too. LOL! The only outing I done this season with looking at Christmas lights was a drive through lighted tour and it was great. Years ago when the kids were young we always went caroling on Christmas Eve. My late MIL insisted and we all would put pillows and blankets in the back of a trailer with lights on it and once returning we had hot chocolate. Those are the days I wish we could bring back. We put out cookies for Santa every year while the kids were growing up and I can't ever remember having a white Christmas in Florida. But thankfully we had a cold Christmas this year and that was nice with a fire going in the fireplace. I have never made a gingerbread house homemade or from a box. But girl....I sure have made lots of Christmas cookies. Yes, Christmas is commercialized a lot.....anything to make money is the thing you know. But I truly try to remember and remind my family what the real meaning of Christmas is. My play list would be long as I love Christmas music and all types. This was fun Linda. Glad I had the time today to blog around. It's been a lazy Sunday afternoon for me. Happy New Year to you sweet lady. May the Lord bless you more than you can imagine in the New Year. Hugs and blessings, Cindy P.S. Sorry for the length of this...this is what happens when I have TIME! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was delightful. I hope we can always have the child like spirit on Christmas morning. That is what makes it so much fun and memorable. We forgot to leave cookies for Santa this year too. Now I have to eat them. Darn! I just did. LOL. With a cup of hot tea because it is cold here in Florida. Have a wonderful week...knowing it is your last week you know where. Better days are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The angel is lovely and your 54 year old kid seems super happy ;) with his Monopoly! Did the boys enjoy Die Hard? I wish we all lived a lot closer so we could visit on Christmas and be merry all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Dave is still a kid at heart!
    I like that song too. Funny story - I have a niece named Chelsea. When she was little and they sang it in church. She told my sister - they are singing my song! She thought it was "it is Chelea's Day-O!"
    Yes, I'm sick of masks in real life and on tv...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My family was just telling me that they refuse to play Monopoly with their dad my son. He turns it into such a marathon that they lose the will to go on. Now I am curious about the game you gifted your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)