Saturday, December 12, 2020

Let's Talk Nativity...

 As sit here and contemplate the Good Tidings post, I saw this from the Vatican/St. Peter's Square; the Nativity Scene. Yes, THE NATIVITY SCENE-THIS YEARS.


 Hideous beyond belief. You can read the whole story about it here.


My version of the Nativity is much more different than the Un Christ/Un  Holy/ Anti Christ shown above. The Vatican from 2016.


Indeed...


Wishing each of you...

17 comments:

  1. That is an interesting Nativity. I hope you are doing well. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well, Lori...smiles. I hope you have a beautiful Saturday my friend.

      Delete
  2. I think the same about this year nativity at the Vatican. Once again, just shaking my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sigh....wishing you a happy day my friend. smiles

      Delete
  3. Why such a hideous nativity scene? Isn't this year bad enough? I like the one from 2016 much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is odd, weird, unattractive. I think most of what goes on now for public displays is meant to demean and demoralize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - yes that is an odd looking nativity scene. I prefer something much more traditional. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have just written off anything from the Vatican. The Pope had drunk the … or maybe he is the one making the Kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one ugly nativity, but I have to admit some curiosity...I'd love to hear the artist's explanation...why that style, what's it mean to him/her, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang! On the Nativity Scene at the Vatican. That is beyond hideous and screwy, but really my friend, you know my views on the Catholic Church. Don't think I need to elaborate here. *wink* That religion has been showing it's true motives here lately.
    Sending love & prayers to y'all xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Vatican has definitely gone over to the dark side.. so sad, and I have several very devoted to Christ Catholic friends... I wonder what they think? Anyway, your verse is perfect and I wish you a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, I am finally feeling well enough to blog. I agree with you about that Nativity. I do enjoy unique Nativity's but I do prefer the traditional ones that show the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUCK, Yuck, yuck. Appalling, indeed. I'm comforted, at least, knowing there's still a few like-minded folks like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must erase anything that reminds us of the past. There is only the present... nothing that would bring about nostalgic feelings. It is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - that is awful. I read the article, it seems many others feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things that mean so much to so many, are getting changed every day and that Nativity is no different. I hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so demeaning to the true beauty of Christ's birth and nativity. Very sad to display our Lord's birth in such an ugly way. I don't see that drawing people to Christ...what a missed opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)