Again, falling behind. Work, work, work...not so much come Dec. 31. After a few tumultuous few days enough is enough. I better keep that explanation short; never have I ever walked off a job, but coming close--I must be an idot to remain until then. The schools close here Dec. 24 and will reopen Jan 4-so looking forward to a new chapter.
Speaking of winter; we are expecting a winter storm to hit this afternoon. 6-12 inches of the white stuff is suppose to fall. Warnings have been issued etc. I am looking forward to it. smiles
1. What's something about Christmas that most people like, but you don't? Elaborate.
Christmas music and displays in stores BEFORE Thanksgiving. Drives me nuts. Or they even forget about Thanksgiving all together.
2. Tell us about one cherished tradition from your childhood and if you'll make it happen this year?
My mom would open the house for family and friends on Christmas Eve. Nope, not this year, not even at the Conley house. Way to many/much government overreach due to Covid.
3. In 1941 FDR declared December 15th Bill of Rights Day. Citizens were encouraged to fly the flag and gather for prayers and other ceremonies as appropriate. Did you know this?
YES
Will you fly a flag? Our flag is always flying.
Can you name all the rights and protections guaranteed in the first ten amendments of the US Constitution? Of the ten, which two do you value most? If you need a list you'll find one here.
Which two? How about all of them. In all seriousness, these two. AND for the record, I think government needs a refresher course.
-Freedom of speech, religion, press etc.
-Right to keep and bare arms
4. Do you know someone named Bill? Tell us something about him? Is there a famous 'Bill' you'd like to meet?
I have several Bill's I know from work. All decent individuals. I met Hornell's hometown boy actor Bill Pullman. He still resides here part time and sits on the Alfred Univ. board.
5. A step in the right direction, on the right track, bragging rights, be in the right place at the right time, get off on the right foot, right as rain, right side up, give your right arm for, have one's heart in the right place...choose a 'right' that applies to your life in some way in recent days and tell us how it's so.
Wow...probably right track and right foot. I hope to be on the right track come January. Right now, my heart is not in the right place professionally.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I haven't even had time to watch my favorite movie; It's a Wonderful Life




I was just thinking I'd like to find my dvd of It's a Wonderful Life. It might speak to a few issues I'm having with the crooks of this world. You must have seen the FB essay on Jimmy Stewart and the making of that movie. I have no idea of the veracity of some of the claims, but it made for an interesting read. Hang tough. I am so glad that "only snow" is going to slip off south of me except for an inch or two. I have big plans for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOh no, crooks? No, I haven't seen the FB page, I will have to look it up. I am to know you have big plans, wink. smiles.
DeletePlans up in smoke because the storm is tracking closer. Bummer. There goes my Christmas tea. We will try to get together early in the year.
DeleteYou know what crooks I'm talking about...the really BIG, STINKING, ROTTEN ones.
If you can't find the essay, holler and I'll send a link. Maybe I'll send it anyway.
The flag is usually flying here, too, but on days like today when the wind is ridiculous (we have a lot of wind here) we take it down for fear it will pull the flagpole out of the ground or at least tip it more than it already did last year. I'm counting down with you. I know how glad you will be to be free of your present employer. Having a bad work situation just sucks the life out of you. I know I felt like the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders when I left the nursing home. I hope you get your snow...you sick woman! lol
ReplyDeleteI agree, Life is pretty amazing! I hope things work out well in the new year in your work area. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see some snow this year, probably not going to happen. I've used all those 'right' sayings at one time or another!! Endjoyed reading your answers today. Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteNo snow here! All is normal and raining, or course. I hope work things are not getting worse as the week progresses, but not banking on it! Wishing you calmness and peace as you navigate it.
ReplyDeleteI did not know about December 15th. Of course if it was my choice our flag would be flying 24/7 but my husband keeps taking it down for some reason! I watched Its a Wonderful Life for the first time ever last year!
ReplyDeleteWe have the It's a Wonderful Life on DVD. It's one of my favorites, back before swearing and nudity made it into nearly every movie made these days. *sigh* We really are becoming (or are?) lawless barbarians.
ReplyDeleteBill Pullman is one of my favorite Actors. He's probably another America hating libtard, but he always seems so nice. Hope he's not an America hater.
I know so many Bill's I couldn't possibly name them all. It's a popular name, it seems.
And YES YES YES on the two most important one's in the Bill of Rights. We are so far away from our God-given liberties it's scary.
BTW, has the gift made it to y'all yet? I'm thinking that maybe someone threw it away at the Post Office or it's lost, if not.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Sounds like y'all are in for a big snowstorm up there! Stay safe and stay in if you can... watch that movie!! Come on January!! xo
ReplyDeleteLet it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Sure wish you could redirect some of that white stuff this way. Our flag is flying every day, as well. I'm always a little surprised to learn that everyone doesn't. Maybe this is the year I'll watch "Wonderful Life" all the way through.
ReplyDeleteI surely hope that New Year brings better employment for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on Christmas displays before Thanksgiving.
Yes - the government needs to relearn the constitution for sure.
Very cool about Bill Pullman.
Hang in there...you can make it til the 31st, but if not, well, who could blame you? You have made me more appreciative of our "front line workers" at these stores. They are under tremendous pressure from "above" and from nasty customers. Praying you will have something much better to look forward to after the holidays. I hope you get a "snow day" today and can stay home and make snow angels. But if you have to go out and work, be safe and take your time. Our flag is also always flying, unless it is raining. We don't leave it out in the rain if we can catch it in time, or at night. I enjoy putting it out each morning and saluting it, and singing the Star Spangled Banner. LOL. I'm sure my neighbors must think I'm looney, but that wouldn't be the first time someone has thought that. LOL. I know LOTS of Bill's, my father, my grandfather, my father in law, my Great Grandfathers, my son's first name, my brother in law, my brother's first name. In our family, just say "Bill" and they all come running out of the woodwork. LOL. Merry Christmas...and stay tough!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful here with about close to a foot of the white stuff....Maybe I can get into the holiday spirit. Have a good one.. :)
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, this post is spot on for what is happening in our country. I agree with many of your responses to the this hodge podge. I know a number of Bills, but my favorite one would be the one I called Grandpa. I hope you get to watch your favorite movie soon.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the snow kiddo!!
ReplyDeleteI had either forgot (or maybe didn't know) that Bill Pullman is from your town. I enjoy his acting (most of the time). My favorite of his movies is "While You Were Sleeping." He was such a good guy in his part.
ReplyDelete