Saturday, December 26, 2020

Currently -Good Intentions...

 


Good intentions of posting/commenting...but you know, life just gets in the way. So, today, I will link back to Stacy for the Currently post.


Currently in Hornell

Time: 7:44 am

Temp: says 20 but real feel is 7*

Weather: cold and it snowed overnight. So cold is the word.

Listening to: Nothing. Hubby is watching something on Youtube --some farming or homesteading thing. I can hear it.

Reading: Nothing. Does looking at after Christmas ads count?

Yesterday:


I did NO shopping this year...oh wait, I did buy 2 things (gag gifts). The guys did all the shopping this year. I was pleasantly surprised on how well they know me. I did know about the hunting rifles they bought, that was the only thing I knew. Very proud of our son who came to us some time ago and asked for some financial help in getting the American made rifle. He did go to classes, pass the required state and federal background checks and finger prints etc...


My son got me this really neat book bag. He knew of a young lady here in town who embroiders and he designed a bag for me. Suppose to be robotic books. The bag even has a pocket in the  back for my cell phone. How cool. I have not downloaded many photos yet. Santa and his helper did really good in the gift picking.

Good News:


I finally was allowed to open and play my record player. There.is.nothing.like.a.record.player. I love it!

On todays list:

Have to head into work at 3:30-10. That is about it. I had put in 50 hours the last 4 weeks in prep. for quitting. I already did some after Christmas shopping; Bath and Body had a great sale on Wallflowers. Yeah, ok, I might have spent some of the 'money savings' of my hard work the last 4 weeks. ((rolling eyes)). I don't normally spend on myself.

This week:

Is my last week working for the #1 retailer. Taking that leap of faith and out of my current financial comfort zone.


...here is to looking forward to 2021.

19 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Christmas... cold cold cold here today..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here...Buffalo is getting hit hard with snow, it will be heading this way later today/tonight. Have a good one, Bunk.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda! So glad you had a nice Christmas. I can sure understand your leap of faith away form #1 retailer. Don't blame you at all. Sounds like a chaotic place to work. Glad you spent a bit of money on yourself. You are worth it. Enjoy the after Christmas weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...sigh...enjoy your week off from school, Deb. smiles

      Delete
  3. There were a couple of years that Karl did all of our Christmas shopping. I cannot remember why that happened, but it did. It may have been when I was working full time and taking college classes. I can't remember. Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a nice weekend too, enjoy your week off from school.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas. Glad your Christmas was a good one. Ours was as well. We got to attend church and that was wonderful as always but, so sad they limit participation. I wish more churches fought that ruling and filled up the place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss going to church. I am glad your Christmas was a good one. smiles

      Delete
  5. Leaps of faith are difficult but often are just what we need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embroidered bag your son had made for you! It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Hope your remaining days at your job go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry day after Christmas Linda! I love your tree! That is so nice of your son to get you that book bag and oh wow on that pink record player! That is a lot of hours! Praying you get your rest. I am sure you will do well with your teaching job. Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems you all had a good Christmas! Your book bag is totally cool. Liam did a good job creating the design! I enjoyed your answers, Linda. On to a (hopefully) much brighter 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that the music sounds especially sweet. on your new record player. How wonderful to have excellent personal shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy this will be your last week there...I know God will take good care of you in 2021. You hung in there during the worst time ever, and now you deserve to enjoy something better! I know it is coming. Love your bag and record player and am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made it ... whew! Even tho' you won't be staying, I hope your attitude rubbed off of other associates at America's #1 retailer. They're gonna miss you!
    Love the book bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It feels good to buy something for yourself, don't it. Love that feeling.
    Proud of ya for making the leap of faith. Praying that circumstances will improve for all of us.
    Had some more of that Jamaican coffee again today. Yum!
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Liam got you that bag. He's a good kid. Good on him with the rifle too.
    I love wallflowers - missed that sale. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not the only one struggling to keep up with visits and comments etc so no need to worry about that. Glad you had a good Christmas and good luck in 2021 with your new direction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)