Thankful Thursday and my first at linking back to Knit By God's Hands
The day after Christmas! How can that be? I am going to keep this concerning all things Christmas.
What am I thankful for?
(please excuse the blurriness in the photos)
Christmas Gifts:
I knew about the Kitchen Aid, but the Hand Blender was a surprise, from my son.
Speaking of son
Every year since he could walk and talk he has gotten a Marilyn Monroe calendar and has kept each and everyone of them.
And Husband:
Both were goofing off. (Need I say more? Both loves of my life)
Simple gifts such as bars of soap.
A very lovely gift from our Landlady, who is more like family than our own families.
I can't quite grasp the loveliest of this wall plaque. It is made by a local artist. Our landlady knew I would love this simple artwork and she is right. I almost cried when I opened it, the thoughtfulness of the gift...smiles.
Christmas Eve
Pizza. All got started 30 years ago, thankful to have survived a hit and run. We were broadsided on Christmas Eve and after it was all said and done, the only thing open on Christmas Eve was a pizza place.
Other Thankfulness:
My brother in -laws gift of $100!! A $100!!!! My mouth flew open when I opened the card and when I read the card, again, almost cried.
-For great fellowship with husband, son and brother in -law for Christmas Dinner. Do you know I forgot to take photos! We had homemade lasagna (which I put together Christmas Eve), rolls and fruit salad and Peanut Butter /Reese's Pie.
-for another year of common sense of who and what I want to be, certainty not bitter like my mother in-law or my parents, but I think I am turning that way (just keeping it real). I am reminded each and every year how much I am a disappointment to them-their words, not mine.
-Thankful for our wedding 31st wedding anniversary coming up on New Years Eve. A poor farm boy married a rich city girl and lived happily ever after.
I probably could go on and on...I tried to keep it light--but I see some darkness slipped in...smiles









It looks like a very lovely Christmas
ReplyDeleteHi LInda - So glad you had a good Christmas and felt the love of others....I totally get that Christmas can be a rough time. Families are complicated things - not Normal Rockwell paintings, but during the holidays we all want that Normal Rockwell painting. You have a great, thoughtful husband and son. Sounds like you have some other good people in your life as well - like your brother-in-law and landlady. So great that you can look for the blessings and be thankful. Have a great break from school. Hugs from UT.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Santa found your chimney. Guess I know what you will be doing!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for the Kitchen aid and the hand blender! I got a hand blender for my 15 year old son, he froths the cream in the espresso. I love the gift from your landlady, how thoughtful!!! I'm glad you had a good warm holiday.
ReplyDeleteLovely Christmas you had. Turn away from their bitterness. You will never get them to be as you want them to be and it will hurt you, not them. This is a hard thing to do, but, the darkness hates the light and you are of the light Linda. Hugs..hugs.. hugs.
ReplyDeleteSending you love and hugs at Christmas and for the New Year. Just keep looking up and stay focused on what God is doing in your life. You have some wonderful things going on, and a beautiful family right there with you. That is what matters most. Looks like a wonderful Christmas...God bless you always.
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful for two days spent with friends who are family. I'me grateful for warm weather and very little traffic and the best whipped cream cake I think I've ever had. Grateful, too, for my blog buddies, who make my life sweeter every year.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a special Christmas and the gifts were great. Just think, no school in 2020 - something to be thankful for. Hugs
ReplyDeleteSure looks like you all had a nice Christmas! You will love your Kitchen Aid mixers!! I am glad you linked up with Rebecca Jo and am also glad you gave me the new link for your blog. Not sure how I missed it!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a basket-FULL of blessings! You've got my mouth watering .. not sure if I'd be elbowing you out of the way for the pizza or the Reese's pie. (*smile*) A disappointment? Not to ME. For sure, you're a blessing!
ReplyDelete