Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Stealing from Anne, and it's  a long one today.


1. First things first, did you have a good year?



It's had its ups and down...but overall, yes.



2. If you traveled, where did you go?




We went a couple hours north to Oswego/Lake Ontario. Then, 




to Keuka Lake (30 min or so from our house) and then to


the family farm in the same area.

3. Which fashion trends did you love?

I don't follow fashion really. I follow my own fashion choices, which probably should be outlawed...jeans, comfortable shirts/layers in the winter time. I'm told I need to quit dressing like a college kid.

4. Which fashion trends did you hate?

Uggs and those leggings/jeggings...sorry girls, no one over the age of 10 need to be wearing those in public. Grown women wearing those things--come on...no. I don't mean to offend anyone...

5. What was your favorite article of clothing this year?

This year? How about winter...plaid and lots of layers.
  
6. What song sums up this year for you?

I love Meatloaf...so, Not a Dry Eye in the House




7. What was your favorite movie of the year?



I don't know...probably



I am waiting to get/afford the 3rd installment.




8. Did an actor/actress catch your attention for the first time this year?



No. I don't bother with stuff like that really. I'm not star struck...although I do like Keanu Reeves.



9. Favorite new TV show?

A very violent/mature show called



10. Did you make any big permanent changes this year?


No. Not yet.

11. What was one nice thing you did for yourself?

I got my haircut the day before Christmas Eve.


12. Did you develop a new obsession?

Ha, no, not really...

13. Did you vote?

Yes...and everyone knows about my viewpoints...drain.the.swamp.

14. Did you move?

No, but we are looking at the future.

15. Did you get a job?

Ask me again in May.

16. Did you get a pet?

No.
17. Do you regret not doing anything?

No. 

18. Do you regret doing something?

No. 

19. Have you done anything that scared you?

No.

20. Did anyone/thing make you so mad it stayed with you for days?

Days? How about months or years...there, I said it.


21. Did you lose anyone close to you?

Yes. 

22. Who was important to you this year but wasn’t important last year?

No one

23. Who wasn’t as important to you this year as they were last year?

No one I can think of. 

24. If you could have a do over on one thing you did, would you take it?

Probably.

25. What was the best moment of the year for you?

Nothing stands out that I can think of right now. 

26. What was the worst?

Issues with family. Arguing with the dr. and insurance company etc...stupid things.

27. What are you most proud of accomplishing?

Keeping my grades up in all this adversity/hostility with certain folks.

28. What have you learned about yourself this year that you didn’t know in the years prior?

I am a lot stronger than I thought and I can do a lot more than I ever thought. Amen to that.

29. What do you wish for others for the coming year?

 Peace


30. What do you wish for yourself?



Patience 


18 comments:

  1. Well that was a comprehensive list of questions! I like my Uggs and you didn’t offend me. Many blessings in 2020! It will be a whole new world for you with a new career and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee...and keeping you in prayer, my friend. smiles.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that’s some list ...

    Family issues are the worst. I hope yours aren’t as bad this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...legally we have 'custody' of my mother in law and her husband, they are allowed to live independently, but we have full control of every aspect; financial and health. It is a struggle that I am sure many people have to deal with.

      Delete
  3. I agree with songbird's crazy world, family issues are the worst.
    I wear jogging pants with sweatshirts in the winter … hope that doesn't
    offend anyone.
    Congrats with a new career.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. NO offense, if I know no one is coming over, you will often find me in pj bottoms/pants. LOL

      Delete
  4. Every year I'm on this earth is a good year, but this year had a lot of health challenges. I was blessed with travel this year and loved getting to Scotland and Ireland. I'm in the leggings club, with long shirts. One thing I've found in getting older, I don't think about other people's opinions. Take care and a big monkey hello from Pep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so jealous you got to go to Scotland and Ireland. I had two professors who did the same and also the Netherlands. They were sending/emailing back photos...one day...

      On the leggings issue, I was mainly speaking of myself, I don't think anyone wants to see a thick girl in those kinds of pants, LOLOL.

      Waving to Pepe. smiles

      Delete
  5. Oh yes!!! Yellowstone! I love that show. Loved your answers! Have a Happy New Year 2020!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Lori!!! So glad I met you, smiles.

      Delete
  6. No regrets … YAY! My granddaughters look great in theirs, but my legs were never meant for leggings/whatever … even when I was 10. (LOL) I just wish it wasn't so hard to find ladies slacks that actually come up to my natural waist. I'd not heard of Yellowstone, but will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....on the leggings thing, I am "thick" and I don't think anyone wants to see that, LOLOLOL. I'm short and its so hard to find jeans that fit on my waist, sigh. I wear Wrangler jeans because they fit nice.

    Yellowstone is pretty rough-language and violence...look it up -its on the Paramount channel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a leggings store at our local mall - so many different types but I would never dare try to wear one and I'm glad you agree. My haircut was on Boxing Day (well, the day after Christmas) so we were thinking alike there. But: How I ever wish for peace on a 24 hour stretch that included an attack at a church and an attack at a rabbi's home - and that we Americans who are on different ends of the political spectrum can somehow find our way back to listening and working together instead of tearing our country apart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah... patience. Glad I'm not alone! These were tough questions! I am so proud of you, Linda! Your journey has not been easy and you are a strong woman! Kudos, and on to a happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to feel that way about leggings...and then I tried them. I love them and wear them quite a bit, but always with longer tunic tops so you aren't really looking at my big butt or anything else unsightly. lol
    I keep meaning to check out Yellowstone and then I forget.
    You should be proud, very proud, of all you've accomplished this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Linda. I totally agree with you about leggings. I am a jeans and plaid flannel kind of gal - love, love, love my plaid flannels in the winter! Yep, our 2019 has had ups and downs too, but I am trying to focus on the good. Life is, after all, about 50/50 50% good and 50% not so much. Enjoy your last couple of days of 2019. Josh gets back to his college classes on January 6 for winter semester. When do you go back?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear leggings but not the super skin-tight ones. They look good on me so my family says, so I stick with it. I get them from Walmart and they are cheap, cheap, cheap!! Which is all I can afford anymore.
    I don't get offended since I know where you are coming from I think. I don't like seeing them on some women but on others it can look okay. Over all I might not like something but then I can say, oh, ok.. on her its not bad. I hope next year sees a change in family situation there. I am hoping for a spinal change.. I am so sick of this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Now that is a list. I know you even better now. I do wear leggings under a long skirt to keep warmer; I wear them around the house but never out in public to be seen. I have found a store with cheap ($5.00) ones and I buy them. Have never worn uggs and I am not offended. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)