Wednesday, December 18, 2019

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Are you singing the song yet? It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! How about a Photo Overload to get you in the Spirit? smiles


Woke up this morning to fresh packed snow...actually its still snowing. Yesterday we drove the 45 min. to campus and saw quite a few cars in ditches/on the median on 390 (the corridor heading to Buffalo and Rochester), personally, I have never seen that and I wondered how I had never seen it before. It has to be a scary thought to be stuck or way down in a ditch.  Nonetheless, the roads weren't great.

Heading over the Stonybrook Gorge

The roads were more icy/glazy than snowy and it was pretty dark all day.


Got to Geneseo just fine. Albeit, slippery. Right before the decoration, there is a left turn for campus.


Made the left turn to campus and went down the hill and I was surprised on how much snow they had and it was still coming down.


Hubby decided we were not going to drive further down the hill (1/2 mile) to park in the commuter parking lot and try to walk up (like I usually do) and he decided to park in the forbidden College Circle. Luckily, no tickets. I guess the police decided to be nice and felt sorry for folks.


By the time we left yesterday, there was so much snow. This little farm is on the way out --on RT. 63.




Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day all. Smiles

11 comments:

  1. So glad that your hubby went with you and that you made it up and home again safely. Glad that he made the command decision not to follow “the rules.” Special circumstances for sure. It snowed all day yesterday and it is still snowing lightly. It certainly is cozy pretty. I feel like baking, but my table is loaded with wrapping paper, etc. Have a cozy day today. I think you’ll be baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will bake...although, some of our neighbors dropped off treats. I will put on a pot of Beef Stew though, smiles.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to look at, but I sure don't miss having all that snow all the time (my mom's family is from within the snowbelt just south of Erie, PA and I've lived in that area a couple of times in my life). Glad you two were able to get where you needed to go and get done what needed done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We def. get a lot of snow...thanks to Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. smiles.

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty when you don't have to drive in it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...nowhere to go today, tomorrow though, hubby has to have a upper gi and colonscopy, maybe that's too much tmi, LOL.

      Delete
  4. They need to step up their game. The worst snow I saw was on the way from NJ to Utah and around Chicago and into Nebraska there were tractor trailers overturned on the roads from all the snow and wind. It was snowy, deep and dangerous all the way through to Cheyenne Wyoming where the streets were higher than the sidewalk(cuz they shoveled the sidewalks but not the street) and it was 24 below zero. Hope the snow lets up for your commute after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have your fierce weather a few miles to the east of you, but we had some nice snow squalls today (and so did Syracuse). I am thinking more and more: who really has the worst weather, us or Florida? Just saying...I'm tired of winter already and winter isn't even here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful you made to and from safely. I remember driving in blinding snow when we lived in NH, Maine, Ohio, and Michigan. I've had my share of snowstorms, and am happy to be living in Florida! But I pray for you as you travel. May God continue to grant you traveling mercies every day. I enjoyed seeing the snow, but glad I'm not in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you will have a white Christmas for sure in your neck of the of woods... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! The snow is beautiful! I bet it isn't fun to drive in though. I hope that you have a Merry Christmas sweet friend and a most wonderful New Year! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)