Good evening, I am afraid this is just becoming a bad habit; posting Friday's. I had forgotten all about welcoming the month of October.
So, what's up buttercup? Hang on tight...lots of stuff to tell.
My new coworkers, the librarian and Dr. R. totally surprised me. Yes, indeed...Dr. R. (whose job I took as he moved up to a Placement Transition Specialist and will remain in the library hence why I couldn't have his office) and the librarian made room for me in her office (she has a very big office) --as of 2 pm today, I have a very large library table, a computer, a printer all set up. Dr. R. took care of everything right down to the IT guy who came in- I teased him/Dr. R. that he didn't want me in his office anymore (he had been training me). His reply was, "Ms. Conley (mind you he is from India) Ms. Yasmine (his lovely wife) is ready to kill me, and she is very upset you didn't have a place to go. So, I told her I would make you a place." Nobody crosses Ms. Yasmine, not even Dr. R. lololol---she is a librarian at a different institution, and she is very well loved and supplies us with Indian dishes at our monthly meetings. Every time I see her, she hugs me tight and kisses me on both cheeks. I love her dearly...anyways...totally floored. Dr. R. said I have graduated from training, and I am a fast learner, so there is no need for him anymore. 😄😁
Some of you commented about the job being boring...maybe...Oh, I don't know, there is very little stress, yes, I still see inmates and council them, but it is very different than teaching a classroom of 25 inmates twice a day. The day goes by very fast, and I actually have free time, the librarian with the ok from the bossman, is also teaching me her job and the law clerks' jobs as well. It's all good. The best part, I get to keep my hours. Win win. It's just a longer walk...and sometimes more difficult to get out of gates etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The weather...it has been so hot and humid. It is currently 77* with showers. We, as in the state of Florida, are expecting upwards of 5-7 inches of rain by Sunday. That is a lot of rain.
We do have to make a run to Wally world tomorrow morning. Hubby did the grocery shopping today, but we just need paper products which he forgot and some other things.
Alot of you are snapping photos of your lovely homes during this fall season...I am afraid hubby has been very busy this past week and has not had time to get out the fall stuff like he said he would. So, no photos.
Speaking of hubby, he had his annual physical this week and EKG...and neither of us are very happy; 2 EKGS showed he was having a heart attack --he assured them he was not...so, they ripped all the stuff off and made him completely strip down and the 3rd, 4th and 5th ones showed normal. Both of us are just done with these dr.'s... he is livid. He was so mad, he rescheduled the Echo cardiogram --which he was supposed to have the same day. I really can't repeat what he said here. 😡
P.S. He was not having a heart attack.


Hello! I guess you have a new job! I missed that! Congratulations, my friend. Have a nice weekend and Happy October!
ReplyDeleteFinding a good doctor who you can have confidence in is not an easy task these days! So sorry Dave had that experience! I'm so happy for you that you are settling into the new job and new office, and that you like your teammates!! Win-win!! Happy weekend, Linda!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy every time I hear more about your new job. I think you deserve some peace.
ReplyDeleteGlad Dave was not having a heart attack!
Hi Linda! I am playing catch up and missed that you had started the new position. It sounds a lot less stressful and less stress is always good. So glad that your hubby wasn't really having a heart attack. I have had more than one EKG that showed I had a heart attack, but then further tests show that my heart is just fine. I'm with you when it comes to doctors. I hope you have a good weekend, and best of luck on the new job! See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness your husband is alright, Linda - that would scare me out of my wits! Danny's had his share of heart issues and we are thankful that he has great doctors. Sounds like you all need to find some, too. Best of luck with that and enjoy the new job!
ReplyDeleteI am relieved that Dave wasn't having a heart attack. It makes you wonder about these doctors and the medical community. Your newer colleagues (the librarian and Dr. R) sound awesome. I think it is wonderful that Dr. R has created a space for you including the technology. Have a super Saturday.
ReplyDeleteFinally you can have some peace on your job. You deserve it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the EKG had some messaging errors or stickers in wrong places or a technical not fully trained. It happens apparently. So relieved it wasn't a heart attack. Have a relaxing weekend