Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Post-Tornado Warning...

 Putting things into perspective... Good evening from a very swampy Florida...if anyone is interested, we are 376 miles from Pensacola and 182 miles from Tallahassee. We have had nonstop rain for 3 days straight. We are not in any danger from the hurricane, but we are under a tornado threat until 9pm as we are experiencing the outer bands and a severe storm threat until 6pm. It is rumbling and thundering pretty good. According to the Weather Channel the current warnings are coming in from Crystal River/ the Gulf which is only 40 miles to our west. It is presently real feel of 94* and temp of 85* at 5:35 pm.


Yeah...we track any and all storms like paparazzi. So, here we go folks...keep northern Florida and Alabama then East to north in your prayers. Not our first and certainty won't be the last. Onto other news...


yeah...guess where I have spent all day? Yep, at my old job...the new teacher is pretty sick with a nasty flu bug...and not mention, they live in Crystal River, so I am sure between being sick and preparing for flooding (which always happens there)...I am sure she is not feeling all that great. So, the age-old question is, "Why do we do it? Why do we live where we live?" Pretty simple answer...Florida, no matter how much one complains about the weather, it truly should be its own country...and I am sad to see our governor will be leaving office in Nov. What a difference in a way of life down here...just saying. 


It was pretty weird driving home...I take 301/441hwy south and there was practically no traffic going north. Crazy. I will try to get caught up later on your blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (610)