Sunday, July 27, 2025

Some Things I Love and Don't...

 


I was floating away in the pool late yesterday, looking at the great oaks and these gigantic birds (Egrets, Herons and Ibis's) that have been eating the bird seed and the thought came to me "Some Things I Love and Don't Love"...ok then...just random stuff I was thinking...(gosh, y'all should just be scared now, lol)
Love
 I am forever grateful for each of the people who comment here and truly appreciate the kind comments...truly warms my heart. Most of you I have never met in person, some I have and some of you even snail mail. Each of you add something to this thing called life. Truly, I am blessed. So, thank you.

Hunting for bargains. Hubby wanted to go to the local Goodwill yesterday, much to my "ugh" and whining of the 111* and hot and bothered I was and how much I wanted to go home and get in the pool...lol


Found a sugar bowl and creamer to add to my Uranium collection for $6...I really need to stop this. It is like a drug and become all giddy when I find pieces. LOL

The way our local Walmart is located (thanks to a median) hubby wanted McDonalds, and we couldn't get to it...so he pulled into Sonic. Wow, ok...after my initial thought of "Ugh fast food"--that was one of the best hamburgers I have had. Very surprising. I usually don't eat when it's this hot/humid. But I gotta tell you, it was really good. I like a good messy hamburger and that my friends, was a good messy hamburger. Forget Mc'D's or even Burger King. Sonic had it going on.

Relaxing in the late evenings. What did we watch on tv? Maine Cabin Masters and Mark Levin.

Youtube. I just love The Scottish Isle, Danu's Irish Herb Garden, Bealtaine Cottage, A Joyful Cottage, The Irish Homestead, Living the Skye Life, Itchy Boots, Kirsten and Jorge---on that note, I spend a ridiculous amount of time getting caught up watching YouTube on the weekends. I am also thankful that they all respond to comments. How nice...truly it is.

Loving Oui yogurt from Yoplait. They come in glass jars. Love, love, love this French style yogurt. It does not bother my stomach. 

Not Loving

The crazy humidity here in Florida. This morning at 8 am it is already 93* real feel (regular temp. is 83*)--almost time to head out to the pool.

The traffic. Come on folks, you northern folks need to go home, please. It's crazy, it takes nearly 30 minutes to get anywhere.

Speaking of traffic, whoever designed the traffic patterns and signals here, need to get their heads checked. Just saying.

The no see ums (?) tiny little insects. Just ugh.

So, the Love outweigh the bad...lol


Hubby suggested I take a mental health day...usually we don't go to the beach until after hurricane season. Anyways, going to try to take a day in August. Yes, I am feeling a bit grumpy and snarky, not as bad because we have a pool...but still...

Have a great day all.

15 comments:

  1. Those are pretty pieces you found at Goodwill!
    We don't have Sonic around here, now I want to check them out.
    A mental health day is good for all of us occasionally! And now you have that day to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing in the pool can make a huge difference around here. You all found a great buy at the the goodwill store. This would definitely put a smile on my face. I hope you will take a day off Linda...Take it, and enjoy the beach! Meanwhile....let your pool be a sweet oasis where you can float and simply relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After living here 17 years now, I have become quite spoiled with less people and little traffic. The only times the interstate gets backed up is when they start closing down for snow chain- required checks before trucks and cars go over the Siskiyou Pass into Oregon during heavy snow in the mountains up ahead. It’s a chain reaction I avoid.
    I take city streets everywhere I drive and the good thing about no longer working, I can do all my stuff on weekdays.
    I used to be addicted to thrift shopping and still like it but I’m in a different season now; wanting to get rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pieces you found for your collection. Very pretty.
    Yes, I like Sonic very much. They have good onion rings, pork tenderloin and hot dogs. I like their burgers best. So good.
    I go down rabbit holes on the weekends watching YouTube. I have been watching a channel called History and Hearsay.
    Everyone needs a break. Enjoy your pool or the beach. Relax. Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get that trip to the beach in, Linda. Glad the love outweighs the not loved! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a good hamburger! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Sonic hamburgers I don't have one close to me though so we rarely get them! I also love Oui yogurts. I collected so many of the little glass jars I finally had to put them in the recycler! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it IS hot and humid. I sent outside for a nano second and came right back in. And yes, those little tiny gnats, no seeums, whatever they are are in our house and everywhere! They keep tickling my nose and face and arms and legs and where are they coming from? I don't remember them last year so much? Must be the weather that does it. I hate to say it, but we need a good old fashioned hurricane to wash all the bad stuff away, but wait...that's not really such a good idea, so scratch that! LOL. I know traffic in Ocala is terrible. I'm so glad I don't have to work there anymore. YOu know I did work there for several years, right? We lived in Summerfield for a few years and then moved to Salt Springs, and I commuted back to Ocala every day until I retired in 2015...best day ever!!!! Okay, I hope you have enjoyed your pool for us today. I'm enjoying the AC inside. I love your creamer and sugar! Really sweet! I hope you do get to have a nice mental health day at the beach soon! Okay, hubby wants me to fix some hot dogs for supper. bye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy! In my own blog drafts I keep a list of Likes and Dislikes ... always evolving, but never making it quite as far as the Publish button.
    I've never had a Sonic burger, but you make it sound wonderful. There's something magical about taking a bite and having that delicious juice (grease) run down your wrists!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I love Goodwill more than I love swimming pools so I would have been all giddy about a trip there! LoL Thanks for the Youtube info. I used to love Beltaine Cottage but she got a bit too Woo Woo for me and I find it quite boring the way she goes on about her garden and such. Oh and since she's gotten on the political garbage, I just stopped watching. I detest poitics, in general, US politics or otherwise. Anyhow! LoL

    I hope you do get to go to the beach soon. I agree with your Mister! We all need a mental health day!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go to Goodwill and find nothing. You always find treasure!! Come down and go shopping with me here! A mental health day off is always a good idea! Hoping your week ahead is an easy one and full of blessings!! Sending you a hug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This heat is enough to make anyone lose their religion! Haha! We like Sonic as well, but we sure do miss our Back Yard Burgers since it went out of business. Truly a great hamburger! Glad y'all had a good day of thrifting. How awesome you found some more uranium glass to add to your collection. It's beautiful! Take care and absolutely take yourself a mental health day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me laugh today!!! Yes, snarky is okay, just my opinion. Our weather is the same but I don't have a pool to cool off. There are several in the family but I don't want to go over there. lol Good find on the sugar bowl and creamer, $6 seems a bargain to me. Get that mental health day in, we all need one sometimes. I call mine a day to regroup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always make me laugh. I've never been to Florida and it's not on my bucket list but my sister who has been several times to the theme parks etc said the traffic is nuts. How you feel about northerners needing to go home now is how ME MYSELF AND I and ALL MY HIKING FRIENDS feel about the downstate and NJ among others who think they know how to drive the ADK Northway and hike in the woods. NOT. Or who are clogging our roads leaf peeping and heading to the track in Saratoga. BUT...i appreciate the money they're spending in the cap region and beyond points north so.....it does help our economy!! but when labor is over, then I can enjoy lake george again, saratoga again and our gas prices will come back down again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the giggle this morning as I play catch up on my blog reading, Linda. Your list of likes and dislikes struck my fancy. Those no see 'ums are a nuisance and I think they are one of the Lord's little creations to teach tolerance. Either that or annoyance! Your traffic sounds like the traffic conditions in the Northern Virginia area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)