Good early evening from Orlando where it looks like it is going to come down soon; the sky has turned a crazy blue/black and it is thundering and lightening.
So, what I have been up too? Let's see...yesterday evening it was family/network dinner at the other Rosen hotel--we were bused over.
There were carving stations around the beautiful ballroom in the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel. Korean Pork Belly with rice. Yum, yum, yum...and then
Turkey and dressing. Both were outstanding and the Rosen staff really outdid themselves.
I did meet and had a nice conversation with the Florida Dept. of Corrections Sec. Ricky Dixon and then his asst. sec. sat down at the table where coworkers and I were sitting. Very nice conversation with him, by the end of the evening, I knew all about him and his 2 knee replacements and he knew all about me. My coworkers were a bit jealous. I didn't mean to command his attention, but he really wasn't interested any of what they had to say, maybe it's because he had his little granddaughter with him, and well... you know...me and little kids, lol. She was not having anything to do with none of my coworkers. I am not bragging...actually, I found the whole thing weird and alarm bells were going off. Let's see, fast forward to this morning...
Back to the snazzy Rosen Single Creek hotel for the opening of the 2025 Leadership Summit. After locating the bossman, soon we were surrounded by our warden and colonel. It had gotten out that I had spoken to who and who...
Us minions had to sit further back. Besides, my boss wanted to talk to me... about last night (he did not attend but stressed we needed to attend) and asked me about speaking to so and so. He was proud, so he said...and apparently, when I was questioned about this and that, I knew what to reply too...and my question was to my boss was, "Why me?" He said, "Why not." Because there were thousands of people there...why me? He said, "One of life's greatest mysteries. Staring at me Ms. Conley will not reveal why." My husband, "So, when are we moving to Tallahassee?" NOT---the speakers included Sheriff Grady Judd from Polk County, I know him, as I dealt with him and his office when I worked in Classification. Well, now he has a face to the voice, wink. Funny funny man. And a wonderful speaker. Network, Conley, Network...it has been drilled into my head. I am.not.comfortable.with this.
Then, the busses left us today. Left.us. There were still 500-600 of us left to return. Lucky, one of the important people I met last night, and was standing with us, she knew who to call. We were not going to walk the 2 miles, no way. She was ticked...ANYWAYS, we were so late for the afternoon classes/seminar and none of us got to eat lunch. SO, our hotel put on a nice light lunch for us. Super nice. Anyways there were fruit, little cakes, cookies etc. Anyways, that is about it. I am ready to go home...missing the husband, missing the dog and cat. 😁







I’d much rather eat than schmooze. Glad you’re having a good time (eating)
ReplyDeleteYour met our great Sheriff Grady Judd!! We LOVE him, and he is a great speaker. Don't go to Tally.... come to Lakeland!! Well, keep us posted, Linda. I'm glad it has been a pretty good experience for you!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're having a good time (and hanging around with bigwigs!) But home and Dave will be good.
ReplyDeleteWay to go, girl!!! We knew all along you're a rock star, but it's nice to hear it from the Powers that be.
ReplyDeleteI'd say you've definitely made a good impression, Linda, and I'm glad you did. Hang in there and enjoy the great food and (sometimes) good company!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Sounds like things are going well. You are almost in the home stretch.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Sounds like things are going well. You are almost in the home stretch.
ReplyDeleteOh my! May God continue to direct and protect you in all your ways. He knows what is going on behind the scenes and what is best for you, so just trust Him to do what is right. I know you are ready to get home, but just take it all in and enjoy the food! Wow, looks good! We love Grady Judd too. Hubby watches him on TV all the time. If more Sheriff's were like him, crime wouldn't be such a rampant thing!! Take care my friend and hang in there. We're all rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteI am way to introverted to carry on conversations like that! I would rather crawl under the table! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a success for you! I think I've seen that sheriff on Instagram or somewhere. I'm impressed with him! XO
ReplyDeleteOK. Well, the food is worth it for me! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteLike Terri said, DON'T move to Tally. Y'all wouldn't like it. It's libtardville because of all the young people living there. Ugh. The only good thing about Tally is how lovely it is there and y'all would be closer to our area. That I do like.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having a productive time. Bet you're better at "networking" than you think. Most of us can spot those who are genuine about whatever it is being discussed. That is almost always respected (and if not you don't wanna know them anyway! Amen!?).
Love ya. ❤️
With everything happening it's good to see you're eating well. It will all be over soon and you can get back home and enjoy your pool. Hang in there . . . ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you impressed the big shots!! I love turkey and dressing and after seeing your photo . . .I'm thinking, "I could make that soon!"
ReplyDeleteYou've had a full week with some great food and beneficial conversations. That's all good.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a good time....but it's always good to get home.
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna