Saturday, July 5, 2025

Currently Saturday...

 Good morning from another swampy Florida morning. I bet your tired of hearing that. We had a major storm blow in yesterday evening and while I was on the laptop visiting y'all's blogs...poof it / the electric went out. I'm telling you; these storms have been something else. I will try to get caught up today on reading/commenting. Anyways, for the sake of sounding like a repeat parrot, I will stick to the Currently mixed in with some meme questions.😉.


Currently in my neck of the woods...

Weather...76* with 98% humidity at 7:20 am. Another round of storms is on deck for today.

Meme questions:

Fireworks were introduced to celebrate the 4th because they represent the "rockets' red glare and bombs bursting in air." When did you most recently sing "The Star-Spangled Banner?"

Yesterday. We were just sitting down to eat dinner and on the tv, and the president came on and the White House / Marine Corp. Band was playing it. We both stopped and observed the occasion. 

John Adams predicted the 4th would be observed with "pomp and parades." Does your community have a parade in honor of the day? 

I believe they do. But don't hold me to it. I do know they had fireworks for the first time in like 14 years, in the pouring rain. Yep.

Celebrity chef Rachael Ray says she considers mini-hamburgers, or "sliders," the All-American food. What will/did you dine on this 4th of July?

Oh, that was something else...we hmm'ed and hawed due to the weather. It was pretty much overcast all day etc...and hubby said it didn't look it was going to rain until 5 (and boy did it!)--anyways, he put ribs, chicken breast on the grill about 10 am and baked potatoes on the grill about 3. No sooner than he took everything off, the weather took a turn for the worse. That.is.an.understatement.

Getting ready to...


Dragged the suitcase out, sprayed it down and letting it air out. Getting ready to pack up and head out tomorrow afternoon for the weeklong summit at a fancy 5-star resort in Orlando. And for the record, I really don't want too...and with that thought, my husband said, "And this is what happens when you reach the level you do and make the money you do. So, grow up already." Ok then...moving along...

Oops a daisy...


It's called My Happy Peony Picnic by Clinique, not whatever I said before. Regardless, it' s my new favorite.

Thinking...I need to get out of the house today. I have been sitting on my rear for 2 days now--for which I have greatly enjoyed.😁

Making me laugh...




Have a great all!


12 comments:

  1. I saw some storms were heading your way. Glad you had a nice day yesterday and hope your travels go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers! I was just thinking that I needed to write a post today - I might need to borrow your questions/prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the summit next week is engaging and that you take a few good things back with you. I never liked going either, but it does go with the territory when you have more resposibilities at work. Your hubby is right. I was able to take Joe along with me for most of them. No extra charge for another person in the room. We paid for his meals and he enjoyed the "resort" while I was in sessions. Maybe Dave can go nest time?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That storm totally bypassed us yesterday! We kept waiting for it, but it never made it here! We didn't go see any fireworks last night...they had them downtown old Interlachen as per usual, but we were just too tired to go. I could hear them all around us and I was too lazy to go look out the windows! But I'm glad they were going off and I enjoyed the sounds. Thankfully we don't have any dogs here to complain, and I'm not sure what Sunshine and Blackie did...well Blackie slept through it actually, and I think Sunshine headed for the woods. LOL. I hope your week at the 5 star hotel will be fun and interesting. I know, it's work, but still, maybe there will be some redeeming value to it all. I hope you packed your swimsuit? If for nothing more than a hot tub or jsut to sit in the water and relax...but maybe not. I don't like to do that in front of strangers. Anyway, I'll pray for you to survive the week. Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your conference goes much better than you're expecting, Linda. Good for the hubs grilling early before the rain! I loved watching all the festivities on Fox last night, and Melania joining in on the Trump dance was priceless. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you survived the storms of yesterday, Linda! I hope the coming week's summit goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been nice afternoon showers up this way. Lovin' this wet Summer we're having.
    Sometimes it does take a distillery. Wine 🍷 is definitely divine.
    Enjoy your week hot shot! 🤣🤣 (giggling) Can't wait to hear about all the shenanigans your cohorts get up to.
    Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Linda, your husband is proud of you, and so am I, going to a 5 star resort in Orlando! Enjoy it! We've had a taste of your "swampy" weather up here in NY, but yesterday was absolutely perfect, today is heating up again...that humidity! We finally have some AC though, what a difference! You have as much fun as you can in Orlando, and tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, ribs and chicken, yum! I sat in my spa for 2 hours yesterday. 87 with a breeze. I wish we could get some rain. Enjoy your weekend and I hope your work week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Living in Florida (and Alabama) sure isn't for the faint of heart I hope you're able to discover some bits of interest -- and perhaps humor -- in next week's summit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a productive week at your conference and maybe some enjoyable down time in the hotel swimming pool. A week is a long time away from home without the husband. I would miss mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully the swampy gets over with quickly this summer and more realistic humidity comes in. I bet you will have a good time in Orlando. I hope so anyway. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)