Good morning...
I ain't got nothing on this Thursday morning...wait, how can it be Thursday already? Let's see, how about I answer some comments?
Cedar Key- sits on the Gulf of America and it was pretty much wiped-out last year due to a series of Hurricanes and a devastating fire. It is an hour drive west of here. When walking into Cedar Key, it is like you're walking off the face of the Earth.
Our friends walking and my husband in front facing our friends. Cedar Key was such a lovely little village right on the Gulf.
![]() |
Umbrellas--Yes, we are allowed umbrellas, blunt tip ones. However, the rain has been so heavy umbrellas have been no use whatsoever.
Pamela-- mentioned Crescent Beach in St. Augustine. We haven't been yet but here is a video of it. Crescent Beach is an hour and half drive from here.
Yes, folks Florida is that flat. We are only 98 feet above sea level hence the hurricanes and flooding. The Gulf is an hour drive, and the Atlantic (St. Augustine-Daytona and hour to an hour half) and Miami is 5 hours.
Wet clothes--yes, had to sit in wet clothes. No extra clothing is allowed on compound for the fear of inmates taking items. We have a very strict list of items that can be or not bought in.
Another stormy day...when I looked out the class/portable window yesterday afternoon, the sky was an awesome deep purple, almost black. I'll tell you, the storms here as of late have been oddly very intense. This afternoon promises more of that.
Flip flips--and I do wear flip flops (mainly Sketchers sandals) every day. I refuse to wear heels or real shoes and since I carry a dr. note because of my arthritis, I can wear them. Besides, this is Florida, right?
...and one last thing, I love the late Jimmy Buffet. He wrote some great books. I am waiting for the new Jimmy Buffet license plate:
Well, that is all I got for the day...oh forgot to mention at 7:30 am it is 75*.
Have a great day!






I love your randomness! Always enjoy visiting you. Hope you are staying cool in the pool!
ReplyDeleteGee I thought Florida had more elevation than 98 feet. I had no idea. I don’t do umbrellas. If it is a sprinkling it’s fine but then why would I need an umbrella? For heavy downpours with wind, it fruitless. They should at least give you a rain poncho you could quickly use for cover.
ReplyDeleteThat’s sad about that town/ beach.
I think she meant where they live, which is inland, but still has some low points...but the highest point in Florida is 345 feet in the Panhandle, and in the central part of the state where I grew up, Lake County, there are many high points in the 300 range. The beaches/coastline is where it is so low.
DeleteJimmy Buffet did write some great books that I read years ago. Wish I hadn't given them away now. Have a great Thursday, Linda, and thanks for answering our comments here!
ReplyDeleteThanks for clearing up come of these, "Everything I needed to know but was afraid to ask"!
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to catch up on some blogs, Linda. Sorry to be so late getting here!! Sending a hug!
ReplyDeleteNow you have me wanting to get the Jimmy Buffet books. I'm catching up, but yours is one that I will read when I come back from being away.
ReplyDelete