...joining in on the meme and sounding like a repeat parrot.
Weather...at 5:52 am it is 73* and the humidity is 94%.
Why am I...up this early on a Saturday? Probably because I fell asleep like at 7 pm. It was storming outside.
Watching...the last thing I remember was something on HGTV.
Listening to...the central ac just came on. Other than that, all is quiet.
Touching the 3rd rail...do you know what that means? Refers to engaging with a highly controversial or sensitive issue, particularly in politics, where doing so can lead to severe consequences. A recent comment got me so spitting mad to which was directed at another commenter. I feel sorry/pity for those who live this life in the forever socialist viewpoint. For one, NY is expensive (especially NYC), & who knew 24 yrs after 9/11 NYC would be having a socialist/Muslim/communist mayoral candidate. How sad. The truth hurts. Period.
Feeling...alright. Tired, but that is because of the humidity here.
Thinking...I met the new person/guy who is taking my place. I saw this gentleman sitting all by himself (we had graduation yesterday, btw, 8 out of my 10 students who took the GED passed and graduated, smiles). So, I walked up to him and stuck my hand out and introduced myself. I actually thought he was someone from Tallahassee. ANYWAYS, nice person and he had a million and half questions about the program etc. My/our boss walked up, and the man told him he wanted me to stick around for as long as he needed me. Wow, cool. The bossman agreed. He is retired military (Army) and quite strict, to which is what these girls need. I am happy to support him. He said, "You know, Ms. Conley, I heard a few things about you and the program. I think you and I will be just fine." Yes, sir. The bossman on the other hand was quite confused on how we were getting along. Both of us being alpha people and all. grin
Wowed/not meaning to boast, but...one of my students gave a short speech yesterday. She almost made me cried. The kind truthful words she spoke about me (the good and bad), it had my boss standing there in pride, and the administration all turned around and looked at me. I will miss those girls, but I will at some time need to head back to my old job. The new man was sitting next to me and whispered, "It looks like I have big shoes to fill." I was absolutely stunned by this students' words.
Grateful...I realized yesterday during the ceremony it was time for me to go back to my old job. My present assignment is over. I understood clearly my assignment and what is to become. And I am ok with it. So, grateful for the opportunity to work SSCU (Short Sentence), now, it's time to get back to GP (gen. pop.) and once again become homeless i.e. no office etc. lol
Making me laugh...



Congratulations on your 8 students who graduated by passing their GED! I know you were touched by the student's speech. I think it is rather amusing that the boss looked confused in that moment with you and the new hire. I hope you have a pleasant Saturday, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got some public affirmation! Good for you on having 8 graduates too.
ReplyDeleteAs for NYC, I can't believe that election! There is no common sense any more!
The jokes at the end have my sides splitting!!! 😂 Those are priceless! Only #7 has me scratching my head but I can be slow about such things. *giggle*
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you with the class! And I'm happy for the students that their educations will continue. May they use it well and "go and sin no more".
Not concerned about the NYC Mayor comment. Demonic attacks are on the rise because we're approaching the Rapture. Many are now believing in and following the sons of Hagar (those that are cursed because they are His enemies). We who believe in Jesus are sons of the free woman and will inherit Heaven through Him. Just pray for them. They may be lost.
Our Sunday School glass is studying in the Book of Galatians starting tomorrow. I'm only into the 3rd chapter and I'm already learning new things and I'll bet I've read this hundred times. Like, it never occurred to me that Galatia was a region not a town.
Hope your conference goes well and everyone behaves. Remember, God's got this. It'll all work out.
Love ya pal! 💖
I hope you have a lovely day. I wish NYC would become it's own state. Up here in the Captial Region, most of us can't stand "the city"
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a successful GED class graduation!! How totally awesome that one of your students commended you and thanked you. Awesome! I sure hope they find an office for you to land in when your replacement teacher is ready to be on his own. Keep us posted!! Have a good weekend, Linda! xo (Still waiting for you and Dave to wonder down my way!!)
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of the 3rd rail before. So you struck a nerve on your own blog, with your own opinion? I’m shocked! 😳 Well not really. They are a bit hypersensitive these days with no leader telling them how to think and all.
ReplyDeleteHa ha I like the one about hiring 2 investigators and have them investigate each other.
Good one.
Hi Linda. So glad you felt appreciated. I know you deserve it. Will you still be teaching when you go back to your "old" job? I'm in 100% agreement with you on the presumed new mayor of NYC. Very troubling for NYC and our nation. I hope you and Dave have a good weekend. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful testimony to your skills as a teacher that your student had such positive words for you, Linda. Bravo! And NYC? If that guy wins, it's toast. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI am assuming you are speaking of your old job in the prison system? How exciting to have a student recognize you and recognize your hard work...I am proud for you and proud of you. You are so right ...no one understands heat and hot temps like the southern portion of the US. Enjoy your air conditioning and the weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you "finished well," which was an encouragement my late husband often said when I was in the middle of a tough circumstance. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThe strong storms came through here about 45 minutes ago. It was a beautiful sight. So thankful for the rain and the privilege of being indoors to watch it.
I must've missed something somewhere...you are going back to which job? Still teaching, right? I hope it all works out for the best for you, whatever it is. praying. I know you did a great job, and how wonderful that one of your students commended and thanked you. That's the best thing that could happen! To know that you made a difference in someone's life for the better. I'm sure others felt the same way, but maybe weren't as articulate as this person. I pray whatever you do next will be even better than before. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteYep, someone's got big shoes to fill! I'm so touched by that grad's unexpected speech -- especially in front of your boss. Thank you for reminding us, one never knows what sort of impression they leave.
ReplyDeleteYour "to-do" list is hysterical!
Hang in there, girl - I hear ya!
ReplyDelete