It's all good, honest. I'm good on this Mother's Day. :)
Time: 7:30 am
Scene: 65* sunny. Another warm May Day is on tap for Florida...it is that time of the year, sigh.
Drinking: Second cup of Maxwell House with Sweet Italian Creamer.
Thinking:
*Wishing each of you a Happy Mother's Day, regardless of if you have children or not. It is important to lift women up no matter what day it is.
* Hubby got me this humongous Mother's Day card, another bottle of Clinique Happy perfume and socks (?socks? I don't wear socks in the summer, lol). I wouldn't really call them socks, it's the kind you wear with dress shoes or flats. I guess there still socks.
*We went to Marshalls yesterday, as I desperately need summer work clothes. Found 4 blouses and a pair of pants for under $100. And as we were leaving the store alarm went off...couldn't figure out why (the people were like, its ok, we know you paid etc.)...then we get home and was taking the tags off and lo and behold, the security tags were left on the pants...then the bottom fell out; my husband was looking at the receipt and he goes, "I don't think you paid for these pants." --oh gosh, I'm going to jail for shoplifting, going to lose my job etc. (I was whining) ---so, I will go back to Marshalls today...you all have no idea how bad I feel. STOP LAUGHING. My conscious is really bothering me-besides how can I get the security tag off?
*Will visit my mom today.
*Need to go too Publix today too and put gas in my SUV for the week.
What's for Dinner?
Hubby mentioned meatball subs...but I made Goulash yesterday and have plenty of leftovers. Hubby said meatball subs-he'll make them. He said I can take Goulash for lunch this week, LOL.
Random Smile:


this made me laugh. my 2 girls are taking me out to my fave Japanese restaurant after the 11 AM service. HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you today, Linda! The graphic you ended your post with made me laugh out loud. I hope the day goes smoothly for you. I would be happy to have goulash in a to go container. Sounds like a good lunch to me for work! A meatball sub sounds tasty as well.
ReplyDeleteBlessings always, Linda!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. You are an honest person to go back to Marshalls. I have had that happen to me and, yes, like you I always try to go back and make it right. One of the ten commandments is "Thou Shalt Not Steal" and I ascribe to that. I hope you have a good visit with you mom and an overall good day and week. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteYou made us laugh and you get extra points for that. socks. Well, you could use them. Some years ago a friend came to visit me from Texas. One morning she came to breakfast to say a blouse she had bought for the trip still had its security thingie on it. Unlike you, she had paid for it (smile) but couldn't wear it until she went back to her store in Texas. It happens.
ReplyDeleteThis warms my heart that things are better for you now. Jesus heals hearts.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week.
Love ya.
I had something similar happen back in the day. Thankfully, I didn't have to go back to Orlando (from Tampa), because there was a sister (Disney) store that just opened up in Clearwater. I rarely shop retail anymore -- don't need much -- but you've reminded me to check and double-check before leaving the store!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day Linda. Liam was blessed with a great mom.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are having a nice day today.
You made me laugh about setting alarms off. Good for you for going back to pay though - lots of people wouldn't do that.
Those tags are such a pain and sometimes leave a hole, even when removed by the cashier. Maybe Dave will do the return for you.... Yes to lifting up women and you will always be a mom, Linda. Celebrate the love and memories!! Have a good week, my friend!
ReplyDeleteLol...I've done that, as well! I just took back my blouse and they rang it up...The store was super appreciative. Couldn't believe there were still honest people...
ReplyDeleteHappy Week!
hugs
Donna
LOL! you make me laugh every time I visit you! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. You seem to stay on the go and l enjoy hearing about your outings. What a wonderful hubbs! Very thoughtful. Most people would not have taken the pants back...good for you! :) Hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteYep, I'm laughing! Silly things sure do happen . . to all of us sometimes. Have a great day.☺♥
ReplyDeleteOh no! LOL! I hope you got all of that resolved by now. I've had them leave a security tag on my item before, too.
ReplyDelete