Saturday, May 18, 2024

Currently...

 

Currently.... The weather at 8:45 am on a Saturday morning is a balmy 85* (real feel). We have had some powerful afternoon storms, today looks to be another sort of that day.


I'm reading... a book by Brenda Novak "The Bookstore on the Beach".

Listening to...let's see the, hubby put on the box fan here in the 3rd bedroom. The sun faces this side of the house all day, so it does get warm. Hubby is listening to something on YouTube and Lily Belle is snoring on the floor next to me. 

Watching...still on Midsomer Murder. In the middle of Season 11.

I'm thinking...hurray to that football kicker for speaking the truth-amazingly he hasn't backed down from his convictions. 

thinking...can I survive another week then it's off to the beach.

thinking...hmm...what's for dinner? lol--I guess I ought to be thinking what's for breakfast.

Grateful for...great annual leave, I left early yesterday at 3 and called hubby to tell him and he goes, "Hey want to meet me at McDonalds?" So, met him at McDonalds. Come to think of it, we didn't even eat dinner last night, LOL. So, grateful for leave and a hubby who can think spur of the moment things.

Enjoying the fact that when I leave the house at 6 am and by the time I get to county road 475 (8 min.) its light out. Quite enjoying seeing the sun rise. Although some mornings have been cloudy.

Looking forward to... having Memorial Day off then come back to work Tues. and Wed and then off Thursday and Friday heading to the beach.

Making me laugh...





Last thought(s)...

--The pants saga...so, hubby called, and they literally laughed at him...so, he got the tag off himself. He might have said some words like morons or something or the other. 1. They didn't think it warranted a trip back to the store or even 2. Pay for them. He actually thinks they thought we were morons. 

--Yes, I am up at it by 3:30. I have to leave by 6 because of traffic. But this coming week, is the last week of school for the kiddos in the state of Florida, so I might be able to leave later. it's just getting thru security at work that takes whatever amount of time. By the time I actually get to my desk its 7:30.



9 comments:

  1. We love Midsomer Murder.
    Hooray for a weekend off and more time off ahead, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same issue with the security tag.... same unfortunate ending. Told me they would arrest me if I returned....hint: I didn't return and never got the tag off. The thing weighed a ton and was about 6 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those memes are so funny, Linda! Enjoy every moment of your time off in the days to come. You have certainly earned it.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get to the beach too, but probably not until June. Enjoy the countdown to your beach days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some commute. When can you retire? 😆🤣
    I've never tried to remove one of those security things. I'd be interested as to know how to go about it. Just curious.
    Hope y'all are having a good weekend. We've been socked in with rain since early this morning. I'm going to put my rain coat on to stroll around the yard.
    Love 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Midsomer Murder is on my playlist as well. Glad you are getting a beach get-away!! My commute takes 25-30 minutes and I thought I had it bad. I would love a 6 -month vacation twice a year. Working on it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda. I completely agree with you about Harrison Butker's pro-life and pro-family comments at that graduation speech. So glad to hear that you are taking some time off to go to the beach - your happy place! I hope you are having a good weekend. Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess they haven't dealt much with honest people, but happy your husband was able to get the security thingy off the pants. I hope Butker continues to hold his ground on that speech.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't hear about the security tag thing...he got it off without die coming out and ruining the pants? I thought that was the point of it. I have taken things back before that their store clerk forgot to remove. I had the receipt to prove that I paid for it, so there was no problem. I know that long commute gets to you, especially if there is always a lot of traffic. When we lived in Salt Springs I commuted to Ocala every day, 45 minutes one way. But thankfully I didn't hit traffic until the last 15 minutes or so. I enjoyed the ride through the forest and listened to the JoyFm radio show each way, and that helped make the time go by faster and much pleasanter. And yes, once school is out the traffic does thin out..also having the snowbirds gone is a big help too! LOL. I am happy you have that beach weekend coming up. Praying all goes well and that you have great weather! Meanwhile, enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. John has to have a colonoscopy on the 28th, so Memorial day will be his "prep day"...so no BBQ's or good food for us! LOL. Oh well, such is life. Okay, take care my friend. I am reading in reverse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)