Sorry y'all...we had some friends come in from Ohio during the week (they are staying with other friends) and we spent the day together. Tony is Croatian like me and it was nice hearing my native language that was spoken in my childhood home. We are hoping they make the permanent move here, right now they spend Jan-April here in Florida. ANYWAYS---how about the meme from this week?
This week the subject is Your Home.
1. What kind of home do you have, and does it need repair or improvements this year?
We live in a 3-bedroom 2 bath mobile home on a little piece of land. And the county came out yesterday and told us we got a brand-new roof in September, so, nope...no improvements, except the stairs my husband built.
![]() |
| when we moved in Oct. |
2. How do you accessorize your home inside and out? Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe music in the background?
Right now, we haven't done much outside, but we got plans. My husband has been busy this past week getting creative hanging photos/artwork. Also, been unpacking books.
3. What objects reside on your coffee table?
I don't have a coffee table; I have an ottoman.
Side tables?
Two side tables both have glass lamps filled with seashells, my mother's blue depression glass candy dish, books, 2 flamingo wood statues, a seashell basket.
Kitchen/Dining table?
The dining table has pink rose cloth placemats, a green depression plate that holds napkins and green depression salt and pepper shakers.




Sounds like you've been busy. How nice to have some friends visiting, even if they aren't staying at your house, which probably is for the best anyway since you are working and so busy. I love the few pictures you have shown, but wish you would show more when you get around to it. I love the desk/coffee bar. It's really neat. I hope things are going well with your job. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know when you want to come up for a visit again!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I love your new Blogger decor! Ottomans are nice and comfy if you can put your feet up on them. Sounds like your friend's visit was just what you needed! I really like your desk/coffee table. Repurposing that desk is smart and looks really nice too! Good that you have a new roof. Ours is not too old, but we had to get part of it replaced for solar panels. Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteIt makes a very nice coffee bar. Now how did I miss the Croatian story? Fascinating!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. You home is lovely and comfortable. Glad you got to have your friends visit you. It's good news that you got a new roof just before you moved in. You are unpacking book and we are packing our up to move back into our house this coming summer. Have a good Sunday and a good week. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your home! And the coffee area...great idea.
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
All these years and I didn't know Croatian was spoken in your home. That is super cool. I wish I was good with other languages. German was spoken in both my Grandma's homes. I've tried to learn German but I'm too dense for such a high falutin' education. *lol*
ReplyDeleteYou're a good decorator. All the colors are so pleasing. Maybe you should be an Interior Designer. That's a real gift.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Love your new background especially the hearts in the lower right corner, Linda! Glad you were able to spend some time with your friends from Ohio. Enjoyed the pictures you shared! Have a blessed Sunday!
ReplyDeleteYou have a cozy and inviting home, Linda!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I enjoyed this peek into your new home, now that Florida is your home (again).
ReplyDeleteI Like your home, and it's even more special when I remember what you went through to get it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so coveting your coffee bar! Looking good, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHow great to visit with old friends! I enjoy hearing about how you two are settling in and getting your new home situated and filled with things you love. Keep us posted!! Have a blessed week, Linda! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI like your coffee bar - I'm so happy that you are finally in your home. You will have fun fixing it up.
ReplyDeleteI remember at time ago, when you mentioned you were Croatian. That is interesting. Were you born there? I love to hear immigrant stories.
Take care
I agree with Mari, after all y'all went through, now you have a beautiful place to call home. The 'desk' you use for the coffee stuff? I have one very similar but with the top green. I use mine for computer, bill paying stuff UGH. :)
ReplyDelete