Another week...another not blogging, corresponding etc. It was a fast 4-day week at work. This week, I am by myself as folks are on vacation--which means, fun fun fun, NOT.
Outside my window...bright sunny and 42*. No worries it will be back to 75* or so today.
I am thinking...I really need to get going this morning. So much to do.
I am thankful for...for so many things:
relatively good health
friends
a house
a full pantry etc.
etc. etc. etc.
On my mind...1.need to get my closet sorted out and things put away properly
![]() |
| yeah slob. Actually, my clothes span the whole walk-in closet. |
2. My Christmas cards are still sitting here...so hubby goes, "Maybe save them for next year and send out Valentine's card."--which resulted in a Eureka moment. AH.
*** I want to offer apologies for not sending out the cards...I have no excuses, just plum laziness.
From the kitchen...my husband is going to grill out today, steak and potatoes.
I am wearing...still pj's.
I am going...nowhere today.
I am hoping...to get in a nap today, grin.
Around the house...been organizing, and hubby has put up the porch and been working on the finishing touches.
He still has to finish the bottom part-the balusters, is that what it's called? I don't. know. Next week we will be getting the new front door.
On my favorite things...warmth. Ask me come like March-April when the humidity starts up again. LOL
My thought...
Above is today Bible lesson. Have a beautiful day friend's. I will catch up later.




Linda, I hope you have a cozy day, and do indeed get that nap in!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Your new porch is looking good. It is so good that you have a nice, big walk-in closet. I hope you enjoy the day and have a good weekend. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteLove the new background, Linda! Would you mind emailing me? Sent you a card and it was returned! Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteGood idea on the cards! Just think, you are one step ahead of Christmas already and it's only January! Have a good week my friend!
ReplyDeleteHope you get that much-wanted nap! I think I will be doing that myself shortly. And laundry. Ugh. 😁 Always so much to do around the house….my list keeps growing and growing. I thought I had it pretty much under control before the holidays, but…. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI remember when I worked and had super busy days. They went by fast and I so enjoyed my weekend. You relax and enjoy yours!♥
ReplyDeleteYour husband gave you some great advice about the Christmas cards, Linda. Take it! And I hope you can get that nap in sometime today; they always refresh us.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Grilled steak!? I'm totally there! *lol* That's one of my favorite meals.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet the new door will look super. Can't wait to see it. I would like to change our front door. Maybe get a wider one. They never make them wide enough, do they, or maybe I just need to eat less. *giggle*
I hope your week is easy and the traffic lighter.
Love & Prayers.
Sparky xx
I don't think you are lazy at all! Life has just been crazy for you. Dave gave good advice. :)
ReplyDeleteThe porch is looking good!
I used to have a coworker who, instead of Christmas cards, sent Valentine cards with Forget Me Not seed packets. That certainly made an impression!
ReplyDeleteSounds like everything is moving right along. I haven't been able to comment. Now I can.
ReplyDeleteOne of our friends are atheists and they never send Christmas cards - they do send out a new years newsletter that is always fun to read. It doesn't matter. I haven't sent out cards in years. Our circle of friends are getting old, dying off and so we try and phone them instead of a card during the week of Christmas.
Hope everyone is back from vacation this week so you don't have to work so hard! The new porch looks good! Yay Dave! Valentines?! How fun! Save those Christmas cards for next year!! xo
ReplyDeleteI didn't send any out either and I am sad about it but I was sick much of november and december. I hope you got your nap.
ReplyDeleteI sent cards this year and last, but more often than not, I buy them and don't send them. And I'm pretty much okay with that. lol Hope you got your nap.
ReplyDeleteII Timothy 1:7 A sound mind. I have clung to that verse for decades. It gives me such comfort.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get cards out this year either, do good intentions count? No. I'll take a steak and potato please! Hope you have a good week. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteChuckling because I have too many clothes. I would love a big closet. Like the one Big gave Carrie in Sex in the City movie or series... hahaha that closet was bigger than a NYC apartment ! I try to send a few Valentines. I belong to the encouragement group so always someone who could use a bit of cheer. Good to send them to nursing homes too. Lots of lonely souls out there. We did not send many cards and I owe a good friend a card since she sent the cutest "feline" Christmas card to us. She is a wonderful blogger, sent me copies of two children's books she wrote about cats. Ellen, she just lost one of her fur babies yesterday. Made me so sad. Steak and potato, yes please. Have a blessed week.
ReplyDelete