Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas Sunday Salon

 Wishing each of you a Very Merry Christmas. 


TIME: 7:25 AM

SCENE: 24*, real feel 19* clear. Supposed to be only 45 again today.

DRINKING: Fixin' to get my second cup of Breakfast Blend with Italian Creamer and having a piece of chocolate. My husband surprised me with a box of 

Of course, I burst out in tears. He said, "I'm not that broke where I can't buy you chocolate."

WHAT'S ON TAP FOR THE DAY?

-Breakfast-eggs and sausage

-Going to friends for the afternoon-she is making Ham, ribs, chicken and side orders. I am bringing Key Lime Pie--although she told me not to bring anything. Their adult kids will be there.

---then heading over to visit my folks.

THINKING: We are just breaking all kinds of golden rules...and I am feeling a little uncomfortable doing so...as I/we have spent the last nearly 35 yrs. not breaking the 'unspoken' rules. As nearly 35 yrs. ago we were in a bad accident on Christmas Eve and we both vowed to never travel again during the holiday season.

---yesterday hubby wanted to go out and about. We walked out of 3 stores (long lines) and ended up at Walmart where a lady wanted to fight with me over a place in line. Sigh--folks are def cray cray.

---leaving the house again today.

---I did not make pizza or even order pizza--which has a been a tradition for nearly 35 yrs. We had spiral ham slow baked in the oven. Nor am I making Lasagna (see above).

---Missing Liam...whoever said it would get better, lied. Just saying.

**and I will prob hit whoever today who wants to talk smack about having to cook, gift exchange etc. or complaining about this or that in general. Folks really need to step back and count the blessings. Just saying.



12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Lucky you being in Florida right now. Brrrr here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brr here too, not as much as you though...although its only 26*.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda. I am so glad you will be with friends and family today. I hope you have a genuinely nice day. Those chocolates look and sound delicious. Merry Christmas! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a peaceful day, Linda! I am with you on smacking people. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would imagine you will never stop missing Liam and I wouldn't want to if I were you. he is always with you in your heart. You will be with him again one day.
    This cold weather can go away. It is supposed to be back in the 50's and near 60 later this week. I am excited for that. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you have someplace to go today. I cooked for 50+ years and this year I am taking the day off. It is a lot of time, effort and love put into cooking a dinner on Christmas for everyone. When family complains about having to come over and then leaves early, it feels like it was a waste of time and money. I am empty inside with nothing left to give after they leave me with a giant mess. Family dinners at our home have ended. Tomorrow can not come soon enough. Ba humbug. Happy Birthday Jesus! You are the reason for the season. ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder, Linda. I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Counting our blessings is something we should do each and every day.
    Merry Christmas, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas blessings to you and yours. Today I am blessed to be with hubby. We cooked breakfast and then hubby baked a ham and I made mashed potatoes and broccoli and cauliflower. I talked to both girls and they have had a nice Christmas. We spent the day at home watching Christmas movies. It's different than Christmases of the past, but it's been good and I feel blessed by God! Take care my friend and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! I'm sorry it's so hard for many reasons. It will take MUCH TIME before your missing Liam will improve and never go away for a child. Praying for you and your husband! Blessings in the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thinking about you now, and praying your visit with your family went well this evening. I know it was with a lot of mixed emotions for you, but I pray it was a time of healing. It was another cold day, but it was beautiful in so many ways. I pray it was a good day for you in spite of the difficult circumstances. May the Lord continue His work of healing and grace in your hearts and lives. Wishing I could give you a big HUG. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your day was blessed, Linda. Wishing you many blessings in 2023. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)