Thank you all for the kind words yesterday. And no Vee, there was no link. I should have linked it and so here it is: 31 Decrees of Blessings. Ms. B said she got it off Amazon, so there you go.
As we sat watching tv yesterday evening, feeling sort of sad about (in no particular order) Christmas, family, loss of Liam, moving 1,000 miles etc. We challenged each other to list blessings.
(above) went from a near empty house with no living room furniture to new/used furniture in a very short time.
No, it's not new off the showroom floor, but used from various places/sales etc. The only piece of living room furniture we had and bought down with us was my/our son's recliner. But so Blessed we are. Next to nothing costs for furniture and in this case, someone else's junk hand me downs became our treasure.
We are still unpacking and finding treasures such as this Biscotti jar that use to be my mother's-- that my husband hates. It will prob. go back into the tote/box--I really don't need it.
I have no idea where I am going with this post, however, one thing is certain, we are blessed. It has been a wild ride these past 8 months.
I have probably been a little of both this past year. Stay tuned for my 2023 Word and more adventures from this big head of useless information ((grin)). In the meantime,







You sure picked a good year to get out of NY.... 3 degrees here... and wow the wind.. Have a wonderful day... :)
ReplyDeleteMy friend Trisha said it was -1 in NY with blowing snow...yeah...no thank you...although it is quite cold here in Florida; 26* real feel is 19. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
DeleteMerry Christmas to you both, your thankfulness is precious and encouraging. I do love your new place, your furniture looks so nice and cozy. 26 in Florida, harrumph. It's better than 6, which it is here right now, but wow, that's still a bit chilly. Okay, you don't have to shovel out your car...:). Have a very nice and good Christmas...
ReplyDeleteLinda, thinking of you on this Christmas Eve Day. Going to look for that book you received.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Your new place looks great. It is really coming together! God is truly providing for you. I love that you and Dave are consciously counting your blessings. Charly and I are trying to do that every night. Despite the really hard stuff in life, there are always blessings. God is so good. Have a wonderful Christmas, Linda. Sending love and prayers from Utah.
ReplyDeleteI love that you picked blessings! It can be easy to get lost in the bad things. Your house looks great! Merry Christmas! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I think your living space is very nice. Most all the furniture we have is hand-me-downs and I love it like that. Who wants to go pay big prices when you can get such nice stuff for much less or free even. Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteRandom acts of blessings, yes! I may have to challenge Tom to the same. Poor fellow always tends to look at the glass as half empty.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link! I've added it to my wish list. I'd love to have some "junk" furniture like yours. ☺️ Keep looking up! It's the only way to live. Have a blessed Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI think all any of us can do is hold onto Jesus' garment and pray to be healed. [Luke 8:43-48] This has been one bumpy ride. But, it is what it is, amen? I've been listing our blessings too. Been doing that daily. Keeps me from going completely crackers.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Y'all.
Love ya lots.
Sparky xx
Merry Christmas, Linda!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Linda (and Dave)!! Your living room looks great and very comfortable!! Blessings indeed!! xo
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! We are going to be at 81 today! I am glad you kept your son's chair. I kept my dad's recliner. Some things help us stay close. Hugs!
ReplyDelete