Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tuesday Meme...


 Let's go back to school today...THANKS Ann for keeping this going. smiles

1. You are back in high school... what are you doing after school lately?

Work. I worked for the Ocala Movie Theatre. Sometimes--according to seasons, I would have Cross Country or Golf practice then work.

2. Do you do homework early or late? Do you really study?

Yes and No. I often would do my homework at work. Study? What's that? LOL

3. A. Do you go to the games? Football? Basketball? What is your favorite to attend?

Football since my husband played football.


 b. Do you go to the dances? Prom? (what'd you wear?)

Since all our photos are packed up and I have none saved in my online files...we use to go too dances and proms. Our first prom I wore a high-necked white ball gown, the second one I wore a pink ball gown. Dances were usually skirts or jeans. Just depending on what it was. Our son called us dorks, LOLOL. (When he looked at the photos)

4.Lunch! What are we having today? What is your favorite lunch?

Usually, I packed my own lunch and I have always aten the same thing, bologna sandwich. You'd be happy to know I have refined my tastes to a Peppered Turkey (deli) lunchmeat now. LOL---Although I do love a nice bologna sandwich.

Today for lunch, since we have things to do in town...I believe my husband said he wants to go too my employer and have a cup of Lasagna soup. I told him he better get stocked up--because probably next week I probably won't be working there anymore thanks to the mandates that are coming down and he goes, "That's alright, then we move to Florida sooner so get ready." He keeps saying that; GET READY. As I look around in this empty house, something tells me, he is READY. GRIN---I'm starting to think READY ought to have been my word...but nope...the good Lord put

It has been a rollercoaster ride these past 2 months since our son's passing...and I have a feeling an adventure awaits us, grin.

27 comments:

  1. I would not want to live through those days again! Fun but so much to learn. Have a great day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly don't want to go back to those days, grin.

      Delete
  2. Linda,

    First off, I'm sorry to read about the passing of your son. I haven't been connected with the Tuesday 4 community since sometime last year and am just now trying to get back into the groove.

    The mandates are stupid. It's not the government or big corporations care about one's health, it's all about control. Obviously there is something terribly wrong with the vaccines with so many vaccinated individuals getting sick and dying. The numbers are up greater with those who elected to get the shots. I shall say a special prayer for you. This has been one of our concerns. I don't work outside the home and it really doesn't make a lot of sense especially for those who work remotely at home like my husband to need the shot if it comes that. Hopefully, none of us will have to be forced to do something we do not want to do.

    You answered the questions from your days of high school and I almost did that, too. However, I thought Anne was talking about being in school now as in today's time. *roll eyes* Yesterday wasn't a good day for me so I guess that's where I messed up. I enjoyed reading your responses, though. This is a fun way to get to know people better. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. The coroner said he simply fell asleep, and his heart stopped. He had had open heart surgery when he was 6 and the dr. then told us to count our blessings as he can probable give us 10 yrs. Our son lived for 18 yrs after that. Still, it was shocking as I was the one who found him. However, I can attest to that very fact he had a smile on his face, and he looked so peaceful. He became a born again Christian when he was 10 and we know he is in Heaven.

      I have added your blog to my favorites. Thank you for visiting, hope you come back again.

      Delete
  3. Maybe Get Ready is your husband's word for the year! Lasagna soup sounds interesting. I bet it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he went along with the program (LOLOL) that would be his word--lol---he thinks we are all crazy with our words for the year. LOL---The soup is very good. However, we didn't make it over there to have lunch.

      Delete
  4. Fun answers. I bet your dress was pretty. Sometimes I look at what some girls where now and think "how was that allowed". But maybe other people thought that about dresses my generation wore. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too...I often wonder how their parents allow the way they dress, grin.

      Delete
  5. So funny about the prom pictures. I too ran across a few pictures from our prom days. Girl....we were looking mighty fine! LOL! Happy February Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHHHH You gotta show those photos, Cindy, grin.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad high school is over...I was a rebel for the first few years, thought I was so cool, smoking and hanging with the "druggies", although I never partook of the hard stuff, thank God. I can see now that God really had His hand on me, things could have gone much worse...then I got converted in 12th grade, and totally changed my ways. Paul and I went to my junior prom, oh dear, he was Mr. Handsome, still is....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paul is very handsome and very cute, just saying. SMILES

      Delete
  7. Get Ready. https://youtu.be/PV97roslmt0 Yeah, I forgot about working after school. How did I fit it in? Have no clue any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I needed that, Annie...I know, right? How did I fit work and a social life with a curfew? grin

      Delete
  8. I'm gonna start callin' you "Remo Williams" from the film "The Adventure Begins". It has been a roller coaster ride for you both but at least you don't have to hang off the Statue of Liberty. *lol* I'm anxious for y'all to leave too. Things will get better.
    Love & Prayers Always. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no hanging off the Statue of Liberty. Thanks Sparky, grin.

      Delete
  9. I've precious few memories of our prom; even less photographic evidence. (Which may be a good thing, lol) Have I told you lately, I love your husband's attitude! Methinks he's excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolling eyes---you are so right, Myra---he is excited...which I didn't think he would be...as he was dragging his feet about it.

      Delete
  10. Peanut butter and bologna? My husband eats mayo and peanut butter...ickkkkkkkkkk. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it will be a wonderful adventure and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! I love a bologna sandwich too.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with your husband...get ready...sooner rather than later...he's packed and ready to go, so I think you need to just jump in the truck and ride! LOL. I wish I knew of someplace to show you here in the area that would knock your socks off, but this is too far to commute to where you most likely will get a job, even tho our son drives there from here every day. I don't recommend it with gas prices the way they are...but he loves to drive his Camaro on the country roads...anyway...How cool you knew your hubby in high school...I told my hubby if we had met in high school we most likely would not have liked each other that much then. We needed a little time to "mature"...but as it was, we met in September after I graduated H.S., so I really hadn't "matured" all that much! LOL. Anyway, I can't wait for you to be ON THE ROAD. God has it all figured out...all you gotta do is get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh would probably say I was a dork too. So funny. I wore jeans to the smaller dances during the year too.
    I only worked on the weekend, then full time in the summer. I think my parents decided that for me. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell your hubby that READY is HIS word!! LOL Love & hugs, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Sparky's 'The Adventure Begins'!!! I think you better "get ready" because "with God all things are possible" and He has an "adventure beginning" in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't had a bologna sandwich in a long time! Working at a movie theater sounds like an interesting job. Did you get to see a lot of movies? I had fun at school. I enjoy looking back to those days. My 50th high school reunion is in 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your comment about my husband!!
    Will get back to my blog when I can and hopefully
    that won't be too long.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and my husband would be Bologna sandwich pals. My mom often fried it with eggs and toast for breakfast. I enjoy it once and a while. Your husband is ready to roll. He is eager to relocate. I understand. These mandates are so fraudulent! I say impeachment is way past due for the entire truckload of them in the WH and Congress and half of the senate too. Fraud everywhere in our country. Oh prom, a boy who took me in our junior year I heard went to prison for drug dealing. His parents were so kind, his dad sold insurance. Made me sad. My big sister made my dress, yellow with a white lac bolero. I wish I had taken that dress with me when I moved away. The one time I should not have listened to my folks. Once they were gone....everything I owned went too. ;-( But on a positive note a guy who I asked to Sadie Hawkins Day Dance ended up being a real good guy. He runs a restaurant and they cater. My cousin set me up with him and she still is close to him as he was best friends with her cousin who they lost a few years ago. Oh memories. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)