Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Groundhog Hodgepodge

Joining in with the Hodgepodge on this Groundhog Day. No big deal here, we always will have so many more weeks of winter, lol.


1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge landing on Groundhog's Day sounds about right. Besides the Hodgepodge what else lands on your calendar just once a week? Is it as much fun as the Hodgepodge-ha!? 

Payday on Thursdays! Although, I will miss getting paid once a week. 

2. The Winter Olympics begin on Friday, surrounded by much controversy. Will you be watching? Why or why not? Have you ever been to China?

NOPEEEEEEEEEE with all those questions. Sorry folks, I am anti-China at the moment. 

3. Something in your life lately that has felt a bit like an 'olympic event'? 

In no particular order.

Working, Packing, Grieving

4. Do you like fondue? 

Yes

Sweet or savory?

Sweet 

Restaurant only or do you own your own fondue set?

I haven't had/done fondue in a long time...probably a restaurant

5. Give us five short (2-3 word) phrases to sum up your January.

Ha y'all know I can't make it short, LOL

SOON MOVING DAY

 Boxes AND Boxes

Alot of Furniture sold 

GOD is good

Hello moving (SOON)

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Did you know you can get shrink wrap at Walmart? Just saying. grin


Ha...indeed, back to work...and the pit in my stomach is still there in regard to getting fired soon. Just keeping it real. I guess employers don't care how it effects their employees, do they? Poor Hershey employees, being fired for not being vaccinated. Thousands are being fired.


Sadly...

14 comments:

  1. We had our fondue set from the 70s for simply ages. Got rid of it a few years ago. Don't miss it since we eat Keto.
    I can't imagine the stress of waiting for the penny to drop about employment. It's wicked and down-right evil what's happening in our Country now. But, the good thing is, the Dem's are gonna get SLAUGHTERED in the polls next time around. The handwriting is on the wall. I just hope it's not too late to save our Republic. The media are against us, so, we'll see what comes of all this.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know the dems and the media will once again cheat, lol. Yep, evil is walking freely.

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda. I too think it's just a crime that people are getting fired for a medical decision. Jeepers, it's like we woke up in an alternate universe. My son-in-law had to get the booster because he's a New York State college student, and he felt like he was having a heart attack yesterday. I don't know if he went and got checked out or not, but oh my goodness. It's stupidity that he was required to have it. He was in construction, and decided he wanted a better career that wasn't so hard on the body, and better for his family. He's studying to be an engineer, a couple years in, what is he supposed to do, leave the state? Go back to construction? It's not right. I hope he's okay, of course I'm down here in Florida praying for everyone:). I'm so glad you and Dave are getting out. Florida is so nice, so free. Oh, one more gripe: the media censorship....ugh. But when I saw that Whoopi has a few weeks off to think on her offenses, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just great...chocolate shortages. Everyone's heart is battered these days. It's a nightmare that only God can set right, One day at a time... You have been belting every pitch out of the park, Linda. Out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In no particular order... I agree... I agree.. I agree... and... wow... shrink wrap at Walmart... who knew!
    Thinking of you Lovely Lady...
    Love and Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had fondue in ages. Now when I think of it, I see an image of a chocolate fountain in my head. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope moving day is very soon and you won't have to worry about being fired. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get paid every Friday. After 17 years of being paid every 2 weeks it sure is nice to get that check on Fridays! Just in time for the weekend! I'm so glad for you moving to a warmer climate my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying that when the "hammer falls" at work you will already have a place to land and it won't faze you at all. God's got better plans for you, so don't let them get you down. I guess we don't need to buy and Hershey candy for Valentine's Day, now do we? They aren't too smart firing their employees right before one of the biggest candy days in the year! Oh yes, there's gonna be a big rude awakening this year for our smug people in Washington and the media. Yes, they will try to cheat and pull tricks, but I do believe it's all going to backfire in their faces. God is in control. Just keep praying. And get on down here pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Given what Newsmax is saying about China (surveillance state) and warning our athletes not to bring their cell phones ... Good grief, peope!? What was the IOC thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evil is definitely walking freely. Waiting for you down here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. Prayers that you can go where you want to go just as soon as God tells you the time is right. All things according to His will. Stay warm in all that snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not into the Olympics either, for the same reason.
    Sad times with all these people losing their jobs - when we need help everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. China needs to take a long walk off a short pier. I do not watch either. Nope Nada Never! Fake snow, U G H ! Years ago a guy and his wife who worked in a little cafe in Salida, Colorado told us you will never see fake snow at Monarch ski resort. He said that is why so many people wrap themselves around trees and such and lose their lives. I miss Body Miller he worn his heart on his sleeve. This Shiffrin from Colorado, the skier, she made all the special Get the Jab commercials in her rich snarky voice. Crashed and burned at the finish I heard and took a DQ! My sister having a fit over it all. Turn off the TV . Good Lord did she not learn her lesson from two years of brainwashing from Anderson Cooper the virus expert at CNN hahahaha...his mommy made money being a fashion diva. Not a scientist! Get a life U G H !My husband is blessed as many attorneys will not follow suit with the jab. So they all gladly take their test weekly. Interesting no one that was essential had any problems til the Jabbers came to the office. Then they all were sick and one jabber ended up hospitalized. We love The Melting Pot for fondue. Our daughter Hannah has a fondue set from my days of selling Princess House. We do it at home sometime. I am a sucker for the sweet fondue but the cheesy fondue is good too. But you need some veggies to balance it out. Between the M&M girl losing her heels or some manly shoes and Minnie going from a girly role model to a trans I am saddened. But they can not take away all the Minnie and Mickey stuff I have that will be old school. sigh....love to you and your sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)