Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday Stealing

 Thank you all for the kind comments yesterday. Joining in on the Sunday Stealing.


1. An unforgettable day in my life.

The day I was married and then the birth of my one and only child.

2. My favorite snacks

I like Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Chips

3. My biggest fashion accessory

Earrings

4. My biggest celebrity crush

Never really had a crush

5. One Hobby I would like to learn

Knit. But I tried, just can't do it.

6. My OCD habits

Not really OCD, but I have to have things in order, straight etc. Maybe it is OCD. Drives me nuts to come into work every morning and see the shelves around me (where I stand) all messed up. Hello, night crew, this area is the first thing customers see.

7. If I could eat one last meal

Pizza

8. Working on my fitness

Seriously? I stand in one place all day long, on a rubber mat. You try standing still for 9 hours. I do stretch and at times help the stockman bring in carts, which gives management a fit (ohhh don't talk to them, Linda, don't this or that---seriously, we work in a small confined space and you want me to be quiet and still all day? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN-its sad how certain folks try to control a situation/person they have no business controlling). Communication is key to where I work (in that small area).

9. What I spend money on

Utilities, food, makeup, clothes, shoes, car payment, student loans, good shampoo

10. My favorite recipe

I don't have one favorite

11. The best part of each season

Spring: The daffodils come up and the rain makes everything so green. The snow melts and everything looks new again. The birds are chirping and the Canadian geese are back.

Summer: The green grass and trees. I am not a summer person, I  do not like humidity. Luckily, where we live, summer truly lasts about 4 weeks. Lawn mowers and hedge trimmers are the sound.

Fall: Folks start turning on their wood stoves or fireplace in late Sept. The cool crisp air, sweater wearing, hot coca and so on. The air smells and feels different.

Winter: The first snowfall. Wearing of parkas, gloves, scarves etc. I do like winter, however, this winter seems to be dragging on. Things seem more quiet.
 
12. A life lesson I’ve learned?

To never ever lie and be who you are. God made each and everyone unique. Just saying.

13. My inspiration to blog?

To leave a small footprint in this big world.

14. What’s inside my closet?


15. Let me brag a minute.

I have a pretty good kid; he doesn't smoke, doesn't stand on the street corner like a lot of hoodlums do, he doesn't do drugs etc. Folks say they like his manners. He better have manners, or I'll  hunt him down (grin) just saying.


Yesterday was 60, today the same and the rest of the week. Don't be fooled, we are known to get walloped by a snow storm --even in May. I  think we are going on a flower/mulch/seed hunt today. I refuse to go to my employer, so he/husband will have to find mulch etc. somewhere else.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Linda:
    OMG, I just love all of your answers, especially #15.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grin, thanks Gloria. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead, smiles

      Delete
  2. A very pretty, springy post. We didn't have a lot of snow this year so why is it all I see looking outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on Maine Cabin Masters website (since I can't watch it, as it is on late here) all the snow you have. The snow has melted here. I am sure we will get walloped again, sigh. Have a beautiful week, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions, Linda! I'm not a summer person; I don't like the heat or the humidity. Loved your response to #15. Happy Sunday and hope you are able to get some seeds and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. I enjoyed this post and always like your candor and humor. I think you should brag about Liam! He sounds like my Josh - just a good-hearted, fine, hard-working young man. So many young people are totally off-the-beam, if you know what I mean. We should be pleased when our kids make good choices. I also love Cape Cod Kettle Chips and pizza - well maybe not together at the same time - but I do enjoy both of them. We have had spring temperatures here last week, but then it rained all day yesterday and this morning there is a bit of snow on the ground. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good life lesson! I used to tell my kids that lies just lead to more lies until you forget what the original lie was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your answers but am saddened that your employer is being so difficult. Really, want me to drive up and have a 'chat' with them? I can do that ... *wink*
    Speaking of shampoo, meant to share I've been using that Hask you kindly recommended ages ago. LOVE THAT STUFF. Makes my hair smell so good and it lasts practically forever. This bottle has lasted over a year and I use it every day. Last time we were in Brunswick we stopped at Publix and I bought two more bottles of it. I'll have enough now for a couple of years. Best stuff ever. You have good tastes in products. Feel free to recommend anything else.
    Rainy, cold day here. It's after Church, so, we're chillin' inside with lots of coffee, low carb snacks and streaming old movies off YouTube. I'm in heaven ...
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot stand still either.
    I love the seasons and I am so glad we have entered Spring! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions and answers today! You are certainly blessed with your hubby and that good 'kid' of yours! Have a blessed week ahead, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are having 60 degrees today and yesterday...never getting above it. Very unusual for us on the first days of Spring...but nothing has been normal this year. At least we don't have snow...just a light drizzle now and then that felt cold enough to me to be snow. I love your post...And yes, brag on that boy, Young man. He is a keeper. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing, your son! Love all your answers, but perhaps the most is #13. Methinks I need to apply for a foreign exchange program (to) western New York so I might experience your Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good answers! It's warm here too - in the high 50's. I'm afraid it won't last though...
    I liked what you had to say about Liam. It's a blessing to have a kid like him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You. Me. Knitting. Not happening. When I drove a bus, the older ladies tried to teach me and....nope. I joke that I had remedial knitting lessons and still couldn't learn. Have a wonderful week ahead! I hope you are getting some of this gorgeous spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda, I enjoyed my visit. I could not do your job. I can stand, but I would want to talk to people. I was going to do this meme, but I had grands over since Friday and I was so tired that I went to bed early. Enjoy your spring weather. Ours has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure enjoyed reading this today sweet Linda. Girl...you had me at Pizza! I love me a good pizza. Take care and I hope your week is wonderful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many good things in this post, but the very best is your joy in your husband and son, it's golden, and ha your son had better have good manners. I am with you on the heat and humidity, I can't be comfortable in it unless I've just gotten out of the pool, or am heading in to the pool ha. Yesterday's weather was good enough for me, sunny with a cool-ish breeze. I don't know how you stand on your feetsies for so long at a time, but I am so glad you still talk to people! Of course you have to, I would too! It's one of the things I like about you, you aren't going to be bossed around by silly rules!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)