Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Traveling Canadian Meme for Tuesday 4

 Late post for this Tuesday. Got home from work around 3:45, fixed dinner and now we are settling down for the evening. Off tomorrow...

Welcome to Tuesday 4 and new questions. We continue this meme in memory of Toni Taddeo and hope you will enjoy it enough to continue coming back.

Lets talk about Travel...

1. How far have you gone from home and where did you go?

Oh let's see we have traveled a lot...California, Texas, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, ---ok states except South Dakota, North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, Utah. We even have been to Mexico, Bimini, Bahamas, Cuba and Bermuda, Canada.

2. Do you think the hassle of travel is worth the trouble?

We will no longer fly due to the mandatory quarantine or even vaccines. We take our freedoms seriously, unlike foreign travelers who are getting a pass. I think traveling by car is the way to go...or train.

3. Are there places you would like to visit or have plans for visiting?

Sure, would love to visit Europe, especially Ireland and Scotland. But, won't be.

4. What trip was the best you've ever had?

I would say all the trips we have taken are the best...however, since we live so close to the border with Canada, I would say that. Border entry from NY to Canada.


So very friendly over there.

You can see the bridge we would have to walk across.

That would be the Boy Wonder and hubby...it was quite a hike from the car to the border crossing. I didn't dare take a photo once we handed over our Enhanced Drivers License (Like a Passport) to the Mountie/Customs agent. He was really friendly though and asked us questions etc...he was there each and every time we crossed these years.


That would be the Boy Wonder waiting for me, the hubby decided he wouldn't wait for us to make the walk across. Yes, you cross over the Falls/water to cross.


The first thing you see once you cross over is the Crowne Hotel...we all ooh lalala over that inside of the hotel. Beautiful. I didn't dare take photos. Then, we headed to Clifton Park.


Clifton Park. Its the amusement park in downtown Niagara. It was quite a hike.


You get the general idea...we spent time playing games etc. and had lunch.


I had crepes. They were really good.


That would be the husband...then we headed back down the hill to the Oaks, right dab smack in downtown, which is a beautiful "secret" garden.


It was a beautiful place, the people were pretty friendly. It was a nice place to cool down, because this was in late July 2019 when we went. It was near 100*.


More of the Oaks. Because it was so hot, we decide to make the trek across the street to the Falls.


The guys decided they would walk all the way down to the Horseshoe (Canadian falls)--I waited for them...it was nice and cool though because the falls no matter where you were, you could feel the spray. I took the photos from the veranda--all along the falls, there are walking trails/ brick walkways where folks could stop, sit, and just take photos.


That above is the American side looking from Canada. Canada is very clean, by the way, no trash, no graffiti etc...oh and don't expect privacy, there are cameras everywhere and police everywhere. Very friendly and more than happy to answer questions and always answer with "Eh". They thought we talked funny too. LOLOL

You can see the walkways along the falls/waterway

I do miss visiting...walking back over...the border has been closed due to Covid. No visitors are allowed either or (NY or Canada). Makes me sad...because we have to have Enhanced DL and we can not even use them. 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of a wonderful trip. I know we went to Niagara Falls one time, crossed over to visit someone not far away, and then had to head back across the same day, so we didn't get to do much touring. It's sad how much has changed in a year. Most of our "traveling" has been with our moves...not really vacations, or to visit family. But that was what we wanted to do and I am glad we did while we could. Now we just don't feel like the hassle of traveling anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the sentiment...since Covid hit, we have been traveling to and from and in our state...seeing the sites etc. Never venturing far...and being very careful to never cross the PA border or we would be quarantined.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you travelled extensively before the pandemic hit. I was also pleased to read about your positive experience on the Canadian side of the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fully respect other states/countries rules. Canada is a lovely place with lovely, friendly people. Not one complaint (ok, I won't discuss how expensive it is, grin).We loved going on the weekends...sadly, sigh...the border is still closed. I would love to drive into like St. Catherines, Quebec etc. Maybe one day.

      Delete
    2. Yes I certainly agree with you about the high costs of travel (and living) in Canada. It's a shame otherwise Canadians would travel further and more often within Canada. I can heartily recommend a drive up to Quebec City. Oh my it is really lovely. Also you could drive around the Gaspe Peninsula. Depending on your time you could zoom through there to see the sights, especially the Gaspe Peninsula.

      Delete
  3. It has been years since I saw Niagara Falls but I remember how exhilarating it is and how that mist feels. Nice. Great pictures, Linda!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to travel by car. I get to see more that way. I loved all of your beautiful pictures. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of your trip. I hope they dont start monkeying with car trips next. I put nothing past them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - looks like you all had a nice trip to Canada. I have never been over the northern border. I would like to go there some time. We are planning a summer trip to Washington D.C. because we all love U.S. History. We already have our plane tickets purchased and expect that we will all be vaccinated (even Josh) by the time we make our trip this summer. Hope you enjoy your day off. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, I am trusting in God that things will be good again. Then you can move to your dream home and I can have more vacations with my family. I enjoyed all the pictures. I noticed your Rainforest Cafe. We had one went went to at Downtown Disney but it closed down and now is a Star Wars store. Disneyland will be opening in about a month but we don't plan to go back for awhile. I heard your schools are opening so I hope you get back to teaching. Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Canada is a gorgeous place, and I love Vancouver especially! I want to take the train across Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Canadian side of the falls is so much prettier than stateside. Love all your pics! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trip to Niagara Falls would be fun, I think. Like you, we would drive. Haven't been to Niagara for a kazillion years.
    The furthest we've been is Hawai'i. Neither of us liked it there. Too many homeless in the parks and the natives all have attitudes. I much prefer almost anywhere America. (Yes, I said that.) I would like to ride Route 66 someday because I like nostalgic buildings and such. Reminds me of my childhood in Florida with the funny looking buildings.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda:
    I love all of your pictures.
    As you already know, we don't travel
    anymore either. We stay close to home.
    Have a nice day!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remembered after my post that I did get a chance to visit the Falls again with my ex-husband. I can't remember if we crossed the border or stayed on the American side. I'm with you about car travel but with my daughter and son in law moving back to Florida - well, 1 1/2 hr flight on Alegiant to see them is better than 10 hrs of driving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)