Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Meme Filled Wednesday....

 Joining in with the Meme's one for Tuesday and one for today. 


Hi and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 kept alive in her memory.

This week's questions come from Pamela Steiner from Florida and the Open Doors Closed Windows blog.

Let's jump right in:

1. In what part of the country is your current home located? North, South, East, West, Mid West, coastal, rural, city, mountains or plains?

I affectionally call it the "Great White North" because of the amount of snow we get. We live in the Western/Southern Tier of New York.


We sit in the Valley and are surrounded by glacier mountains and not far from the Finger Lakes.

 2. Why did you choose your present home, and how long have you lived there?

We moved here for a few reasons --it will be 8 years on Memorial Day;

-our son was accepted to college up here

--my husband is from around here and all his ancestors; father and so forth are buried here.

---when we got hit by a EF 5 tornado in Tuscaloosa, AL and lost everything, we had had enough.
 
3. What do you like the most about your present home?

Last July

We live in apartment/house. Our landlady lives above us. It is in a neighborhood and right now, it suits us fine...however, we are looking to move (no secret). We have been in the current place for 7 years.
 
4. If money were no object, is there anything you would change about your present home, or would you keep it just the way it is?

I would own it...and put it back to its original 1 house. Our 85 year old landlady, grew up in this house; resided in it even when she got married and never left (hence why it was chopped up for 2 apartments). I would also open concept our living quarters (downstairs) instead of the many rooms we have.


1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live?

March roared in like a lion with a winter storm and 60 mile hour winds.

 Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion?

Aslan. He is strong and wise. 

2. In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'?

Everyone knows I am head strong and stubborn...no sense is trying to change me, just saying. Everybody also knows I like to smile and make people feel comfortable...don't ever cross me though. Word to the wise. Just saying. I guess that could be to the beat of your own drum.

3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon? 

A house and property. I hope so...probably; hopefully and prayerfully within a year.

4. March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour?

I like to bake. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, pies...all of it it. The non sweet flour thing was homemade mac and cheese which had called for a roux. 

5. There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? 

I had my son at age 30, so busy raising him.

If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018)

Was in school-getting ready to head to the Univ. after graduating from the 2 year degree program at Alfred State. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

18 comments:

  1. In August of 2018 we were getting ready to close on our house and move to where we are now! Not stress there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainty understand that kind of stress, grin.

      Delete
  2. Miss Florida after this rough February...but Spring has almost sprung with a few buds starting to show and all will be well.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...(about FL or any warm weather place). No springing spunning here...sigh...nothing usually does until late April or May.

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda:
    I always enjoy visiting your blog.
    We have the same saying here "If you don't like the weather,
    just wait 5 minutes".
    The picture of the tulips is a welcomed one, I love spring.
    Have a good day!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spring too...nothing tuliply here though...usually late April going into May. Have a great day friend.

      Delete
  4. That tornado was the worst I have ever seen. Though I am sorry you lost everything, I am glad you were able to walk away from it alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, thanks Anne. Hope you have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  5. Always so much more to learn about such an interesting person! ☺️

    That tornado...yikes! They scare me so much. I was terrified the years I spent in Oklahoma. That eerie green sky.... *shudder*

    Love the closing graphic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee....usuall spring happens in late May...I am so hoping for weather change sooner than later, smiles.

      Delete
  6. I am still pulling for you to come to the north central part of Florida...we love it here in this part of the state and would never want to move any farther south. I am sorry that you had to go through something so horrible as that tornado must have been. I can only imagine how awful that must have been. I'm sure moving to be near family at that time was a good move for you...but now you are ready to branch out again. May the Lord lead you and show you His perfect place, where you can bake cupcakes and cakes and pies, etc., to your heart's content...maybe you need to work in a bakery! Wouldn't that be fun! Just kidding...although, if it was your own...that wouldn't be bad. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. Thanks for playing along on the Tuesday 4! Great answers. For some reason I pictured you farther north in NY. I guess I never looked on the map before! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. NY is full of beauty, if one gets out of the City that is, lol. I would love to go back to Hudson near the Catskills (near the Mass. border). But, alias, the city folk have moved up and polluted it (oh that sounds so mean, doesn't it).

      Delete
  7. Aw, I love the new wallpaper! Between Pam's maple syrup and your cupcakes, my mouth's watering! Like she said, I'd pictured Hornell farther north or even closer to The City. (Think I would've thought to look at a map online? Ha!) Hurry up and get down here before King you-know-who changes his mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its ok...folks don't realize there is a life outside the city, LOLOLOL. We are 6 hours from NYC. Oh Cuomo hasn't changed his mind masks and shut down still exist.

      Delete
  8. I like your look here today - so cheery!
    I enjoyed your answers today. I'm also very happy to see March - ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers. I am way behind with my Memes. I have been busy with a few things. I also started a book and have been reading and spending less time on the computer. I will post of Thankful Thursday. So they Finger Lakes coffee is named after your lakes! Sweet cream just makes it all so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cupcake background, Linda! Thanks for sharing the map as I was thinking Hornell was up more north. I am sorry about that tornado, but glad you made it out alive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the background. Makes want a snack now, though. *lol*
    Enjoyed your answers. Can't wait to see where y'all end up. Still praying for y'all to be guided and have only open doors.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)