Joining in with the Hodgepodge
3. What's something you're 'chewing over' these days? (meaning-thinking over carefully)
Been really chewing over asking to go on the overnight shift (10-7). The store closes at 10, front end and store management leaves, and your left to stock and clean the store. I am dead serious and will discuss this with the overnight management tomorrow and get with HR. They are constantly hiring...a certain someone in that management crew is always asking me to come over to the "dark side". Funny people. I am already fulltime so the hours won't affect me and I would get 2 days off in a row and you get to pick your days off. Since I already like stocking / straightening shelves, I might as well. Not to mention I am OCD when it comes to that.
4. The last thing you cooked or ate that was overdone?
hmm...can't think of anything.
5. In celebration of hitting volume 411 in the weekly Hodgepodge, give us the 411 on something happening in your life in the next 30 days.
Can't think of anything...busy working. That is about it. I am dreaming of moving and constantly think of the ocean and sand. Actually got caught day dreaming yesterday at work, was looking out the windows (it was bright and sunny) and thinking about warmer weather. The stockman, "Hey, Linda, you ok? You got a funny look on your face." LOLOL
6. Insert your own random thought here.



Almost 60 here yesterday... only getting better....grave yard shift? Hmmm. Did a big thing to my health... just don't ever get enough sleep. :)
ReplyDeleteIs currently a blissful 62* right now. Nothing is set yet for the other shift, we shall see. I am no getting enough sleep now, have to be at work 6:30, that means up by 4 and back in bed by 7:30 pm.
DeleteGreat idea, Linda ... the overnight shift sounds like a perfect fit, and it sounds like you've already one person on your side. Woot! Love the new cupcake header!
ReplyDeleteOh there are several on my side...actually, all the employees are refusing to do the front door because they see what I go thru (management sucks; forgetful of breaks, time to leave etc.). Oh and the customer treatment is horrible at times...one employee said to me, "I don't know how you do it!" Sigh...I like the paycheck, that's all.
DeleteMost of your responses for 'just get over it' would be mine as well. My friend's daughter works the overnight shift and really likes it (well, once her sleep habits adjusted). Have a super Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteIt just might beat the 6:30-3:30 shift...we shall see...nothing is set yet.
DeleteBeach therapy...there are days when I must smell the ocean even if I am nowhere near the beach. It's getting close!
ReplyDeleteSo you're not a fan of customers? ☺️ What do the guys think of that?
Its not the really the customers its more management; not getting my breaks, forgetting my breaks, forgetting what time I am suppose to leave, not backing the rules in place and so on...yesterday I had to ask the stockman (cart guy) to cover me for 5 min. so I could use the bathroom. Oh there are some customers who are nasty, one got in my face yesterday; reeked of cigarettes and beer and called me a f'ing jerk for enforcing the mask mandate. The guys are ok with me going over night. Not an issue.
DeleteI'd love some of that beach therapy too!!
ReplyDeletesigh me too. grin
DeleteGosh, so so sorry a customer was cruel. That's so unnecessary! Like you set the rules, or something. *rolling my eyes* Well, there's people like that everywhere, it seems. They just weren't raised right.
ReplyDeleteIt's 70 degrees, sunny and a lite breeze our way. I'm hoping it will rain again soon. I'm wanting to spread a bag of Centipede grass seeds and two bags of fertilizer. Been sittin' on ready with that little project.
As for the beach, I have an idea: how's about we all just chuck everything and move to Tahiti. There. Solved the problem. *giggle* Got any more I can solve? (Just being silly.) You do need some beach time after all you've been through.
I pray the remainder of your week improves and they'll let you work the hours you want.
Love & Prayers xx
The overnight shift sounds like a good fit for you job and people wise. How are you about the hours? I would never be able to work night shift and be even remotely happy about it.
ReplyDeleteInsurance should definitely cover the beach!
Enjoy this bit of spring before winter comes back!
I'm sick of the same.
ReplyDeleteI've been contemplating going to the night shift too. I end up working it anyway because we never have nurses and I could quit all the on call and supervisor stuff. We'll see.
Wow, that might be a good fit for you. I don't think I could do it...I must have my "beauty sleep" or I am a very ugly and cranky person (and sleepy). But you might be able to do it with charm and style and wit. Keep us posted. I am still hoping you get your beach fix soon, maybe permanently!! Blessings.
ReplyDeleteAnother fun Hodgepodge. Enjoyed your answers and I love your donut avatar! Always makes me smile!!
ReplyDeleteWill you make more money if you work graveyard? I think it is a good idea if you can sleep during the day. Can you listen to music while you work on that shift? We use blackout drapes too. They also keep the room cooler in the summer. Enjoy the rest of your week!
ReplyDeleteI'll never get over this current administration and how they managed to get into office!
ReplyDelete