Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Birthday Reflections

 


Just some reflections from my birthday yesterday...as much as they tried, my employer wasn't allowed to steal my Birthday Joy. Oh they tried, believe me they did. I was so blessed with certain regular customers who came in and sang Happy Birthday, 


a certain  young employee who dropped in on her day off with a Birthday Cupcake and regular employees who made their way and said Happy Birthday (our birthdays are listed on the Walmart In store Community Board). Very sweet. Nor did they steal my joy when I got out 20 minutes late...I am sure I will hear about it tomorrow, because the two stockmen who were pushing carts in wondered why I was still there and one decided to take over for me until a suitable person can be found...both men felt bad I was still there (my employer is famous for not filling my position at my quitting time). While I was leaving, my manager and a store manager were questioning the young man, and gave me the nastiest look. HA, "Thank you Rich" (to the young man) is what I said (He was grinning, "Sure thing Linda! Anytime" (he was taking the talking too in stride, much to my delight). Today is my 6 months of employment, fire me. Please do, I will make more on unemployment, wink. They won't--they will make it more difficult. HA! Linda is no quitter. ANYWAYS...MOVING ALONG.


Lovely gifts awaited me when I got home (and Terri, please do not look at the card that was never sent, sigh...I am so far behind).


A charm bracelet and Yellow Tulips from my husband. The two round charms are my birth stone (Aquamarine) and the other one is my Birthday/March Zodiac Constellation. Can't quite grasp the loveliness of it. And the other one is called a Tree of Life, its actually two charms; the second one behind it has my name,  husbands and son names and a Bible verse (Proverbs 13:12).


Chick and mug from my son. The mug came from my favorite boutique; Harmony Blue.


and a "gag" Death by Chocolate cake. The gag is the fact its like my last year to turn the numbers around; next year its is double nickels and downhill from there, lol.


Indeed, I am vintage and rare (lolol). And probably dare say, original (more laughter). No, we didn't go anywhere after work. I did make  Goulash.  


All in all, it was a beautiful day. Actually, perfect...because No One was allowed to steal the Joy and perhaps, I ought to make that my motto from here on out; YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO STEAL MY JOY! That dawned on me while working yesterday, perhaps I am allowing that to happen.


One of the older ladies that started our prayer group at work keeps telling me, "Look, missy, don't let them steal that beautiful Joy you have, that is the only way to survive this job!" Yes, ma'am. It was sort of weird...when I decided to not let anyone do that yesterday, a nice calmness came over me. So from here on out...you're not going to steal that Joy.

19 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday! You are celebrating all month, right? Ain't nobody gonna steal my joy. That is the most uplifting statement, thank you! We're here in quarantine, on a rainy day, and that isn't going to steal my joy either. Thank you for the refreshment, the encouragement, and stick to your motto, it blesses you and those around you! I love your gifts, and that cake looks mmmm good. I am double nickels myself, oh how did we get so old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Linda. One year shy of double nickels? You are still just a kid, compared to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ§πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ§

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, girl. You've got the BEST co-workers! Sounds like management needs a remedial class in kindness. Oh, your birthday gifts look great; I especially love that mug.
    'Hope you're experiencing a JOY-ous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday! Glad no one was able to steal your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated birthday wishes Linda. Glad they didn't steal your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this made my heart sing! I'm so happy that you're happy and had a good birthday. And that's right about not letting the devil steal your joy! He will if allowed. We all have crap to deal with at one point or another no matter where one works or lives. I like the sound of a prayer group there a work. Well done. I'm so proud of you and the others for staying faithful.
    I'm sorry I didn't get to send a card or present. Hope the e-mail I sent got through OK. It's been one of those months. I was thinking of you. And I always pray for y'all.
    Stand firm. You'll be moving on soon to greener pastures soon, I'm sure.
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Linda!!!!!
    You are a spring birthday girl!
    Your family did a great job of celebrating you.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday, Linda! So glad you had a nice day. That is a great philosophy about not letting others steal your joy - one I need to work on. I hope the rest of the week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had such a nice - and joyful - birthday! You are loved by many! Including me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you kept your joy and had a good birthday with lots of love waiting for you at home! Awesomeness!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Linda! You are young compared to me! Yes, don’t let anyone steal your joy!πŸ’πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks and sounds like a good birthday. I love the bracelet especially. That cake - yummmmm; would love to have had a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! I'm glad no one was able to steal your joy and you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best wishes for a perfect and happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praise God!! What a wonderful birthday!! God took over and made it joyful even when there were little grinches trying to steal your joy. Your men folk are so sweet and thoughtful too...really nice gifts!! Love the bracelet! Yeah, sometimes I have to say it out loud too..."Ain't nobody gonna steal MY joy!" Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday, Linda! It sounded like you had a good day even with their trying to steal your joy. Now Goulash brings back memories! Enjoy the rest of your birthday week and month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Dear Lady....Im sorry Im late..
    Hope you had a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)