Welcome to a frozen north where the real temp is hanging on at 11* with snow on the ground. Joining on the Hodgepodge. I might just do/set up the Tuesday Meme tomorrow.
1. It's Mickey Mouse's birthday (November 18)...happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all?
I grew up in Ocala, a short drive to Disney World and had season passes and use to go all the time.
Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that?
Use to be but not anymore
They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?
Free yes and free hotels and meal comps too. But I am not paying, tickets are way too expensive. $250 for one person something is way over the top for me. That's just too expensive and to have to wear masks in the heat/humidity? No thanks.
2. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse?
I would prefer a library, but since its still closed, sigh.
Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?
Mighty mouse, period. Hands down.
3. The day before Mickey's birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?
Its been awhile since I made bread. I do buy the Rhodes brands. My favorite kind of bread is Pumpernickle or Rye.
4. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?
I use to think the internet.
5. Let's keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right?
Turkey (still frozen)
Truthfulness with ones self
Tactfulness
Take-charge
Take Pride
Will explain below.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The school emailed yesterday wanting to know if I would be willing to take on a "perm" status meaning my job would be fulltime. After the day I had yesterday at my day job-I just about walked out. I don't know why the worlds #1 retailer doesn't schedule people to work...this is the busiest time of the year. ANYWAYS...let's just keep it real;
Truthfulness with ones self: If I were to keep it real, I would say the #1 retailer does NOT care for its employees.
Tactfulness: By 2:30 I had had enough and I might have spouted off at the mouth at a manager who told me to work faster to get the people out in front of irate customers because there were NO cashiers just Self Checkout and whom I was the only one working-"Hey, you know I leave at 3:30 right? I haven't even had any of my breaks yet!" Every customer waiting in the long lines clapped and had something to say about that. Seriously, I needed roller skates yesterday (for the record I had been there since 7 am).
Take-charge: Seriously, something has to be done.
Take Pride: I take pride in my work ethic and have regular customers who come in every single day. One elderly couple tried slipping a $20 tip in my pocket yesterday. Oh my gosh, I flipped out...I asked them not to --are they crazy? There are cameras everywhere! I apologized profusely but I can not take a tip, period. No matter how much I am going crazy/needing roller skates yesterday.
Back to my original thought about the school...hubby said, "Are you ready to take that leap of faith now?" Awaiting the school secretary to email back, apparently she had accidently put in my home number wrong-her email stated yesterday I have been called on a daily basis since the 9th...umm...no I haven't-I did email her back in reference to that. ANYWAYS...that is where I am right now.


You reminded me of the bread machines that were "in" a long time ago. I loved the aroma...brought back some good memories.. In college my friends and I baked the real deal... yummy .. Have a great day and hope you work things out.
ReplyDeleteWe had a bread machine too, but it got moldy, ewwwwwww...anyways--all has been worked out and will be taking that Leap.
DeleteWonderful!!
DeleteI despise Disney for what they do especially in Human Trafficking. They are filthy. I also hate them for what they did to American workers there. Nope, as a religious person I cannot in good conscience like anything Disney. Its subliminal porn.
ReplyDeleteYeppppppppppp
DeleteI know I wasn't passionate enough ;). hehehe
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOL
DeleteOh gosh! What are you thinking of doing? I kind of can't believe the decision wasn't made for you yesterday...not that that manager didn't have that dressing down coming. Good on the customers for standing behind you! Keep us posted on the decision and have a great day, Linda!
ReplyDeleteOh the decision has been coming for weeks now...but I was hanging on because everyone knows another shutdown is coming...but our county is not wanting to shutdown schools the partial virtual school is working --even with the illness affecting the schools. They told the governor they will NOT shut down schools...ok, so anyways, going to take the leap to fulltime teaching.
DeletePS.. I hate that they treat you that way at the greatest retailer.. yuk.. spit.. fooey on them. I hope the teaching job is far far better.
ReplyDeleteohhhhh I figured they could of told me to forget it when the phone mishap happened--but nope, instead, they fixed it and told me "Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing you." Thank you very much, a very nice welcome...
DeleteWow, so much going on for you right now. You deserve a medal and a free vacation to somewhere exotic. Not Disney. I am not a fan either. I do hope the teaching job works out for you and that you will have steady work and pay and no long lines of irate customers and ignorant supervisors berating you when it is their own fault for poor management. Wow, 11 degrees! We are at our high for today of 68, which is chilly for us. It was 51 I think when we woke up. I have a bread machine and use it occasionally. Must be a better design, no mold or any way I can see that it could. But I'm the only one who really appreciates the home made bread and I don't really need it. I like pumpernickel too. Praying for things to work out for you. You are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThe real feel is 25* right now at 3:30 pm. Thanks Pamela, I don't feel amazing, feeling foolish, not for taking the Leap of Faith, but for not waiting on God's command. My husband has a different take on that, smiles.
DeleteI sooooo OD'd on Disney back in the 80's -- my hubby had 'connections' with Monsanto (ya, THEM) where we got comp admission. $250/pp you say? That's wicked! So much for the American Dream of every little kid being afforded the Disney experience without daddy re-mortgaging the house. (Boo-hiss)
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of boo-hiss ... I'm doing a happy dance to hear you're taking that leap of faith.
Yeah, it is that expensive, it use to be like $50 back in the day, now, its 250 per person!!! Like who in the heck can afford that? Thanks Myra...yep...gonna take the leap of faith.
DeleteWow, did Disney get expensive!? Since I lived so close back in the late 70s, I would go there occasionally. Sang there twice with the school's Youth Group. But, what Annie said above! They've become evil. They peddle kiddie porn, push homosexuality and I don't want nothing to do with them anymore.
ReplyDeleteGood for you and the leap of faith! How exciting. Boo-hiss on #1 being so awful. The only thing I worry about is if the job evaporates, you'll be back 'on the street', so to speak. I just worry about ya. I know it'll all work out.
It's almost Thanksgiving! Yay! My favorite holiday.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
I sent ya an email...its all good, smiles. Its just us 3 for Thanksgiving, wish you were closer, smiles.
DeleteI remember when we took our kids to Disneyworld the tickets were like $40 each which I thought were way too expensive! I would never pay $250 for a ticket today! Guess I'll just enjoy mother natures show any time I go on vacation! So glad they offered you full time at the school! Go for it!
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteNot working...
ReplyDeleteOh gee, all of the commenters shed some light on Disney, and ouch! I love that place, but only because my mother-in-law paid for us to take some of the younger kids, two different times. This VERY DAY, my son Ben and his wife and two little girls are at the Magic Kingdom, the tickets were $120 each, and my m-i-l paid, she lives down there in Zephyrhills. They've been sending snaps all day, it looks like they're having a blast! 75 degrees and sunny...not too shabby. If I had a free ticket, I'd go in a heartbeat! (They packed their own lunches, and aren't staying there, just a day pass). Anyway, it is cold here, brrrrr, I had an appointment up in Oswego today, right on the lake, brrr. I'm really glad you're going to be teaching, you deserve to be treated better than W-World is doing!
ReplyDeleteDella
I like Rhodes bread too.
ReplyDeleteGlad your customers appreciate you! My work has also been crazy and I don't know how long I can keep up with this covid stuff.
It has been so long since I went to Walmart for the same reasons you mention above. The prices are good but I HATE going there. I do order online from there now and then. Keep us posted about the school job! Seems like a great opportunity!
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeleteWaving...Blogger has been having issues Vee...I see ya, lol. smiles
DeleteHi Linda. I am with you. All things Disney way too expensive for me. I would definitely take that leap of faith. I think you must be a saint to put up with working at the "major retailer." Just the three of us here for Thanksgiving too. I am really looking forward to it. It will be a nice relaxing day. I get stressed out having company even though it is fun. Daughter 40 miles south of us didn't invite us to dinner, so oh well, we will be just fine here at home. I really need to email you for a big catch-up. Sor sorry it's been a while. Crazy busy around here and there too I am sure. Maybe I will have a few minutes to email tomorrow. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYea, A full time teaching position! I am happy for you. I think you have a lot to offer as a teacher. Teacher's don't get enough credit. Will you be working day hours?
ReplyDeleteI have been to Disney World and Disney Land in Calif so obviously I am a fan. There is so much to respond to so I will just wish you a blessed day. I know I am behind so will be catching up now.
ReplyDeleteDisney has gone the way of the world...barf. Many say Walt Disney was a pervert. I disagree, I think he'd flip if he saw what has become of his dream. Smut, filth, perverts. Mickey will always be an icon. Very sad times we live in. STAY happy and I would have walked out of that place. Another bunch of filthy rich pigs. U G H ! I see similar incidents at my local Target with psycho Sally's managing the cashiers. Apparently unhappy, lonely bitter sacks of dog doo doo. UGH . SO many older folks working there too. Tragic. I hope you get out of there soon. Prayers for you.
ReplyDelete