Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday Salon

 I could not get into the Sunday Stealing, so here we are back at the Sunday Salon and like Vee said, "Just feeling that whatever.it.is. between something's gotta give and let me at'im or, in my case, at'er."---perhaps I oughta' go to my corner too. grin


Gotta' love Lucy, grin.

Time: 8:30 am

Scene: 45* partly cloudy, but real feel is 38* & under a wind advisory. It is pretty windy-expected winds 45 mph with gusts as high as 70.

Drinking: my first cup of Breakfast at the Finger Lakes with Italian Sweet Cream.

Plans for today: Will probably head over to the Antique Mall. He has old records, you heard that -- records, you know like for a record player. I picked up my Christmas present yesterday; 


My employer is having a great 4 week Black Friday sale. I was tickled PINK to get a pink one, LOL. Hubby and son, not so much, LOLOL. I had a pink one when I was a child until my brothers destroyed it and I vowed I would always get another one-45 something years later. VOILA! $30!!! SCORE! (((my hubby---your not suppose to buy your own Christmas present)))

What's for dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs.

What's going on this week: Work; M, T, Th, 7-3:30, Fri 7-1:30, Sat 3:30-11. (days off Wed and Sun)

Pondering: So, it looks like NY will be going back into lockdown. Case in point yesterday; we are back to counting people coming in and leaving now. Normally, the store allows 3,600 people, nope. Only allowed 641 now. Rumor mill has the barriers going back up too...sad truly. It was a mad house until 9pm last night. I think folks know what's coming....So get ready, folks. 

27 comments:

  1. We are kind of expecting the same to come our way after the Governors have their little summit. Megan had a sore throat yesterday...is going to get tested today if she still has it. :( Tim's not taking any of it well. We had spaghetti last night. I'm thinking comfort food today...meatloaf or ham and bean soup. It's not cold here, but windy and rainy. Possible snow flurries on Tuesday! Have a wonderful day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping Megan in prayer (and Tm too, wink). I was lectured by young employee last night, I tried so hard to ignore the ignorance...sigh...with theraputics and a vaccine coming, and with a 99% recovery rate...sigh the young man just didn't care to listen to me, but that's ok. You just can't reason with liberals. sigh...ANYWAYS...meatloaf sounds good, s miles.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun record player. We have not had one of those for years, and we even got rid of all of our vinyl a few years back. That is such a great Christmas present. So thoughtful of your husband and son. Glad you got a great deal. I think we will have more shutdowns here as well. Stay well and safe and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...sigh...as you know I am dead set against shutting down...it causes so many other issues...oh the guys were dead set against a pink player---but since I saw it on my lunch break, I got to pick it, lOLOL.

      Delete
  3. Chucking about your snagging your own Christmas present. What's that old advertisement, "When you want to send the very best ...."
    BTW, I watched my first episode of Maine Cabin Masters last night -- and now I want to move there. LOL.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Maine Cabin Masters and so want to live there too. Smiles

      Delete
  4. Good score on the record player!! It is fun to see vinyl coming back. Wishing you a good week ahead. Still hopeful for 4 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vinyl records. *sigh* Boy, does that bring back memories. Kinda off subect, but nostalgic, I remember getting my first cassette tape recorder. I would listen to the little transistor and recording on the cassette any song I liked. Then when my parents forced me to travel somewhere I had "my" music along. I'll bet others did that too. *giggle*
    So sorry y'all live in a Communist Utopia. These things are to be expected when they think they are in charge. When riding the motorbike to Church this morning I thanked the LORD for letting us live in the South. It's not perfect but, dadgum, it sure beats the stew outta livin' in one of those places. I'm glad you're considered essential so that you can keep making a paycheck. That should soften the blow a bit this time 'round. God is good.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pink player. I will see if I can get it. I still have my 45's from the 60's and 70's and some albums too. Our local WM have been open and I will be there this week. Enjoy your week Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $30 and you can get it online too, smiles and I can't use it until Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Who says you can't buy your own Christmas presents? I end up buying my own and wrapping them and pretending I am surprised. Sometimes hubby actually will wrap them, but we called a truce a few years ago when he kept buying me all kinds of silly things that I had to take back to the store because nothing fit, or it was something I wouldn't use or wear if it did. He just wanted gifts to wrap so something would be under the tree. So I said I will buy my own gifts and you can wrap them. That way they will fit and it will be something I will actually use. LOL. He usually still buys little things like candy and cookies and stuff that fills gifts bags and makes me laugh. Gotta love him. I LOVE your pink record player! That is priceless!! But you need to put it away and let it be wrapped and put under the tree! Fair is fair!! Praying you don't go into a real lockdown again. NY can't handle another one I don't think. Just crazy. I think your Gov. needs to be locked down or locked up. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, can't use it until Christmas and that goes for the records that we bought today; Big Bands from the 30-40s. My husband does the very same thing as yours, smiles. He cracks me up, he is worse than a 2 yr old, lol.

      Delete
  8. Check out Marie Bartiromo Sunday Morning Futures -- out there...tweets and should be on You tube soon...6PM tonite replay on Fox Business..... Trump's second term is assured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that you found your sweet little record player. How cool is that?!

    It had better not be coming... Grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is...sigh...not sure about Maine...but MI did so overnight...NY will soon.

      Delete
  10. People have to be punished for Christmas and Thanksgiving. That is the real intent of the lockdown along with destroying the evil states like NJ, Calif, NY,etc so they can give them as empty vessels to their evil over lords. I have warned for years. In the end the only stores left will be walmart and amazon. Small business will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that record player! I used to listen to Linda Ronstadt, The Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits, and my mother had all the old Christmas crooners...Perry Como, Bing Crosby...I also recorded America's Top 40 with Kasey Casem on Sunday morning, so I could have the good songs on my little cassette player...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a turntable to play some of my mother's old LPs. This one looks perfect! I'm glad you got it! No lockdowns here in TN so far but I think with the numbers spiking and with Dollywood and other touristy areas near us, it's only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got a bunch of old albums and nothing to play them on anymore. That is a great Christmas present! Our governor announced yesterday that she is closing down bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, gyms, casinos and movie theaters again for 3 weeks. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spaghetti and meat balls while listening to Christmas music on your PINK record player, yep, that sounds awesome!! You know the records are going to sound soooo much better on your PINK record player. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are getting ready for a lockdown too just any day. Hope the job is going good for you and it is good to be reconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sure love the way you put your posts together. Love ya my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)