I am going to try to do some uplifting posts for the month of December...so, let's get an early start, shall we?
We opened at 5 am yesterday-it was a bust. We had 3 officers from our local police department to control traffic etc.. We had 31 people, that was all. By 11 am and until I left at 1:45 we were bombarded. We were forced to only take a 1/2 lunch break--which sucks because when one works from 4:30 am-1:45 that makes a long day and my lunch break was at 8 am. Management sucked bigly yesterday. Horrible attitudes etc. Yeah...oh I did promise uplifting, didn't I?
Pink tree...isn't that pretty? I think the husband and son would probably commit mutiny, lolol.
Heading into December which means hopefully cozy days, snowflakes and hot coco. Have a great day folks, off to work at 3:30.
No matter how bad things seem, just remember to leave a little sparkle. smiles




I am sure the school looks even more appealing! Have a great day.. :)
ReplyDeleteit does, unfort...Cuomo is itching to shut it down again.
DeleteI love the pretty pink tree. Have a great day at work :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Martha. I hope you have a great day too. smiles
DeleteLinda, you always sparkle! :)
ReplyDeleteLOLOL Mary...well, thank you...have a great day friend.
DeleteYes, I wondered there for a second where the uplifting had gone, but it came back and that's the important thing. Begin and end on a high note. Not too much longer there, right?
ReplyDeleteLOLOL...Yeah...I can't help myself, Vee...IF the schools shut down Monday-I will be staying put. Looks like schools (rumor mill) wont be opening because we are in the orange going in the red here.
DeleteGood morning Miz Sparkle! Love your new background. 3:30 you work? Hopefully you can wander near electronics and catch some of the Iron Bowl?
ReplyDeleteHA. I can not leave my post--wherever t hat may be (self checkout or door). I really could careless about football this year (did I say that out loud?) lol.
DeleteHi Linda. I was so proud of myself - I did not shop at all yesterday - except online. I got presents for my grandkids last night and am almost finished - except for one quick trip to the mall to get Josh a gift card he wants. Hope the weekend goes well. See you again soon.
ReplyDeletewe are done here too...My husband is busy getting the tree up, he worked yesterday on getting the outside done. smiles
DeleteI love that pink tree! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
You too, Lori.
DeleteDid you mean only 31 working? Or shopping? I went to our store at 11:30. It was busy, but not even as much as a regular Saturday. People seemed to be following the stay at home orders more than I expected. Tim said he saw on the news yesterday that a Best Buy in Pittsburgh only had 4 people waiting to get in at opening when they usually have people sleeping in tents the night before! It worked for me. I was able to get in, get what I needed and get out. I hope it goes better for you today!
ReplyDelete31 in line. I just went there to pick up the items I needed (I did not get yesterday) and hardly any employees and very busy. SHAMEFUL!!!!
DeleteNo pink trees.. nope sorry, not Christmasy at all so I agree with the guys. No photos of thanksgiving since it was at my daughter's house (not even a block from me) around the corner. Everyone was there and it was the best Thanksgiving EVER. We stayed all day til 2AM
ReplyDeleteMy grandma was non traditional and grandpa put up with it, she had a white tree and a pink tree, lol. It was one of t hose metalilic ones. smiles
DeleteI'm all for uplifting too. Been working on that meself. There's enough grumpiness in the world without me adding to it. And my fussin' won't make it go away. Gotta focus on the good or I'll make myself physically ill and that won't do. Steve said to think about the blessings: we have food, clothes, 'good' health, the money we need, vehicles to get around, doggies for fun, etc. He's right. Makes the days seem sweeter.
ReplyDeleteI have to side with the guys: not into pink trees. But, whatever makes one happy. Go for it.
Hope your day was cheery and easy.
Love xx
Y'all are bunch of buzzkills over that pink tree (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL--JT).
DeleteI plan to go to Wal-Mart on Wednesday because I figured it would be busy for the weekend. I put up a pink tree this year in my craft corner. It is actually a rose gold and got it at WM. I will post a picture of it soon. I hope work doesn't burn you out. Take care! :)
ReplyDeletework is driving me nuts...I have been on both sides; management and hourly...and a business owner. I often scratch my head, sigh.
DeleteI always enjoy visiting your Blog.
ReplyDeleteThe pink tree is pretty, but we have a traditional green tree.
Not everyone is into football, so no big deal there.
Have a good Saturday my friend.
You too Gloria. We are traditional here too; green tree, red/green whatever. smiles
DeleteWell, a pink tree in a majority all male household would not go over well here either, unless I wanted to put it in my little den/room with a view where only I would be looking at it. But I'm not a pink kind of person anyway. Being a redhead, pink was never my color...so it will be traditional green tree with all kinds of stuff on it. Nothing trendy for me. We went to our super WM this morning around 9 am and it wasn't all that busy, even for a Saturday. But a lot of their Christmas stuff (decorations, etc.) was definitely gone...I mostly walked around and looked at stuff and just wanted some exercise today. It was supposed to rain and never did. I hope you can survive this season there, and I pray they don't close down your schools again. Please take care of yourself, ok???
ReplyDeleteYep, thanks Pamela...I will work really hard to take care of myself, (I almost said "Yes Mom.") LOLOLOLOL---oh wait, I did. LOLOLOL (Just teasing and playing. smiles)
DeleteMy hubby was working yesterday and said it was crazy busy at his place. Glad you survived!
ReplyDeleteBusy is good, it makes the day go fast, smiles.
DeleteI so enjoyed my visit with you, although it was a whirlwind. I can’t imagine working a Black Friday. I got my fill of retail (working the check out ) back in the early 70’s on my college Christmas vacations. Oh, my aching feet! The pink tree is beautiful, but like you, I am more traditional. Somehow I had lost track of your blog . Thankfully Annie sent me the url!
ReplyDeleteThe aching feet is a real thing, sigh. I am glad Annie sent it to you, it never dawned on me etc...so sorry.
DeleteI have a friend who worked 10 years at Walmart. She is in insurance now but hung in there for 10 years. I sure hope that doesn't happen to you! Keep us posted on the school situation. Nothing is changing here, so far. Love your moxie!!
ReplyDelete