Saturday, November 21, 2020

Currently...

 I was not into the Saturday Meme, so I am linking back to Stacy. Well, it is her meme, smiles.


Currently in little ole Hornell...

The weather...42* and party sunny.

On My Mind...just one thought


My husband did the Thanksgiving shopping and I said, "Are you expecting folks over?" The answer, "No why?" SERIOUSLY?

Listening to... My husband talking about the scope he found for our sons rifle. Today starts deer hunting. But decided, he will give it to him for a Christmas present.

I need to...drink my second cup of Breakfast at the Finger Lakes coffee before it gets cold.

Wondering...how these pinhead governors and city officials can say the things they do and live hypocritical. SAD. If it wasn't so summer like in FL for 11 months out of the year I would entertain moving back. That governor is doing it right in that state.

Praying...for this country to have a "Come to Jesus moment".

Thankful...for so many things and I will keep saying it;

Full pantry/freezers

Friends/Family

2 jobs/extra income

etc...

Sharing...not really sharing but let me tell you, the baricade's have gone back up at my employer, folks are not really listening (have had enough of this nonsense), I had to recertify my OSHA stuff; more mandates are coming down. Hang on folks, its going to get testy until Jan. Since I am one of handful of people who are OSHA certified, I get the pleasure of standing at the door to force folks to comply with the mask mandates even if you can not wear a mask for health reasons (that is where NY is now); no matter my personal opinion (which NEVER will interfere) you have to comply folks, you just have too. It's not an easy job folks, so remember that when you want to curse an employee out. BTW, cursing me or another employee-that is a reflection on you not me. Just saying. NOT that anyone here would, just saying.

Laughing...just because it will be true. With the dems rewriting history and all


There is an older gentleman at work who always says hello and says "Living the Dream, Miss Linda, Living the Dream!" Well, I changed it on him yesterday and said, "Living the Nightmare, Ron, Living the Nightmare." He stopped and shook his finger at me and cracked up. He said, "That Miss Linda is probably the truth." Our employer is going through management changes and its not good...moral is really low. 30 folks have quit, 4 have been fired. You can't continue to treat your employees like crud and expect good results, just saying.

28 comments:

  1. Wow.. the moral is bad? Wow..lol... have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. yes, very bad. (I was going to be flippant and say something, "Really? What gave it away?") LOLOLOL---I deleted the other one, I made a mistake.

      Delete
    3. I am sure your morals will improve greatly when you hang an "e" at the end of it... until then... :)

      Delete
  2. One of my boys worked night shift for that place for a while, not a great employer, to put it nicely. I'm glad you wrote about having to enforce the mask mandate, I know you don't agree with it, but somehow it's become a real thing. And it's not your fault you have to do that, yet you take the flak. I got yelled at at the dr. office the other day because although I did stop and have my temp taken, I didn't get the little slip with the number on it, it was a mix up, and the nurse actually raised her voice at me, as if I was daring to try to sneak right into their office, un-temperature-ly certified. It's a strange world we live in, and people are getting tired of it all, it's a darned good thing we know that God has GOT THIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think Della, there are folks who take it their big heads and in all fairness, most of us are also weary. MOST of us will hold our tongues etc...unlike that nurse, which she should of, just saying.

      I was giving a talk down yesterday by the store manager, again, she could of handled it diff. It seems I am not doing enough to discourage the directional flow of the folks coming in the doors. I actually stood up higher and told her perhaps their ought to be signs like before (back in April). She looked at me like I had 2 heads and walked away. I did notice though when we drove by (had to go to Wegmans) that the barriers seemed less chaotic.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Linda, Florida is always open and welcome to you. And we have been enjoying fall like temps for the past few weeks, even down to low 50's in the morning and not rising out of low 70's. It will get colder before winter is over...we actually only have about 6 months so summer and 6 months of somewhere between fall and spring. From October-early April are always beautiful. Especially in the more north central region of the state. I know it's not as pretty as further north, but life is so much freer here...no state income tax, low taxes on everything else comparatively speaking. And you can always travel north to see the leaves or snow if you really want to. You are always welcome...just saying. Praying for you. I hate that you are having to endure the Gov. and the big retailer too. Too much. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin...Pamela...you always make me smile...Thank you sweet friend. I can't tell you where we will end up etc...all in God's hands, my friend...smiles.

      Delete
  4. Surprise! Not that you couldn't see me before, but I couldn't see me and that was disconcerting to say the least. Blogger does not like Brave so for blog visiting, I must return to Safari. I will not do anything else with Safari, but okay, it's a small price to pay for keeping in touch with my blogging buds.

    Your "Living the Dream" friend sounds like a salt of the earth person and there you go with your reality check. Ha!

    Your husband was just stocking the pantry...always a good idea. Hope that your son doesn't read the blog. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I SEE YOU!!! Smiles---my son doesn't read the blog---and since his rifle is kept in the safe, I am pretty sure he has seen the scope box. He is so unlike his dad--to which his dad can not keep a secret. Liam and I both are secret keepers, lol. HA on the pantry...my husband always worries about having it stocked etc. He grew up poor with very little food available.

      Ron aka co worker is def. unique, my friend. Def. salt of the rock who looks like a 80's rock star-more like Keith Richards, LOLOLOL. No one really gives him the time of the day, but, he always says hi to everyone as if he doesn't have a care in the world. I know he knows it (how folks feel about him etc.).

      Delete
  5. Employee abuse is why I refuse to shop at your employer, knowing full well that the loss of my money there is not even a drop in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything to say to that...but agreeing. smiles

      Delete
  6. Chuckling about your hubby's grocery haul ... only on account mine does the same thing. A couple of days ago he ran to the store for ice cream and came home with 4 bags full of stuff.

    I will never shop at #1 retailer again, without extra consideration for the associates! You've really opened my eyes to what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, Myra...I know there are associates who are working there just to get by and I know of associates who are just hanging on because they have too.

      Yep, our husbands sound alike, LOLOL.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you have to deal with all that. We have 2 of your stores in our city. The one nearest me is much nicer. I go about once a week. Yes I my daughter's family is coming over, but not my sons. Christmas is when they all come over. We will see what happens. Praying you don't have deal with too many mean people.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in Geneseo (45 miles north) is much nicer (they are a Super Store unlike us). I am sure there are nice Walmarts that are ran nicely, smiles.

      Delete
  8. I wish my husband would shop like that. He's always so reserved about buying extra. I have to fuss (giggling) at him and say, "Buy MORE please!" I'm lazy and stock up on whatever whenever possible.
    I'm glad y'all can put up with all the tyranny, lies and hysteria. I'm not strong enough to do that. Just going to Lowe's in Waycross yesterday put me in a tail-spin 'cause I say about 95% of the customers where masking up. It's getting on my LAST nerve. No one made a big deal about us not doing so. Thankfully. I'm just so sick of the whole thing ...
    Miss ya on FB. It's seems so lonely there now.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, my young mentee came in last night and so...you just might find me on FB again...I am like Steve---I don't need to stock up we live only a mile down the road not like where we use to live in Alabama-28 miles from anything, lol.

      Delete
  9. Hmm...all those groceries. Who are you feeding? Beware the tattlers, they'll be telling you're stocked up for a big dinner party. lol
    Ugh, on the work situation. It sounds like you are going through just about the same thing I went through back in February when the powers that be swooped in and fired 30 people one Monday morning and then because they told us nothing, many more quit while the getting was good, which made it a nightmare for those of us still there. I don't envy you the mask enforcing job. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it and find it absoulty STUPID. lol

      Delete
  10. Hard times for sure! My husband sees similar in retail, although his store is good and moral is good. He still has to deal with customers though and they can be difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most hardware stores are great, especially TruValu, just my thought, smiles.

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda. I really appreciate people like you who put up with so much at Walmart. Truly. We all depend so much on stores like Walmart and yet sometimes aren't as kind to the associates as we should be. I know I am trying to be kinder and say thank you to people, like you, who are always showing up to do an important job - and yes, working at Walmart is an important job. For anyone who doesn't think so, try not going there for a month. Just sayin' ;-) Sounds like you are all ready for Thanksgiving. I hope you get some downtime this week to just relax. I will email again soon. I love our email chats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is the only store in town...sure we have 2 Dollar stores, but they don't carry what we have...oh and NO ONE has TP, etc. right now. NO ONE.

      Delete
  12. I hate it that you have to work there and put up with all that goes on. Praying the perfect job comes along sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrugging...its life in a small town...been taken over by big box store, sigh. PS I am getting more job notices for the TN Aquarium...so...we shall see where the Good Lord leads us.

      Delete
  13. Everywhere I shop I remind the employee checking me out that I appreciate them. The ones at the door who stop you to see your receipt. I thank them too. People need to stock pantries because the poop will hit the fan soon. My liberal child has a friend, the bozo did not know Canada sits next door to upstate NY...duh! SHe works for some big wig doctor and they glorify King Cuomo.."Oh mother they don;t have the COVID cases...uh ok, I am old, so dumb while the libs are all rocket scientists! Get real. My friend Nancy in Geneseo has 10 kids and 6 grandkids. Let me tell you, she has zero love lost for your gov. Oh of course we have the Emperor of Boulder here so no difference. Liberals live in their own dreams. While the rest of us are hip to their baloney. Its sad what has become of America, only going to get worse. If you believe in all the anti God anti America bull you fit into their narrative. Very tragic and it will all come to pass when Jesus comes back. You can keep this comment between us if you prefer. We follow the biblical timelines and it is coming faster than most can even comprehend. My hubby has a timeline he showed me. Very interesting, scary and exciting all rolled together. Trust Jesus, not your Dem governors. Stay safe and happy and I love your outlook on it all. HUGS xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)