Saturday, November 14, 2020

Currently in little ole Hornell...

 Again, thank you for the kind comments on yesterdays post. Wouldn't it be fun to have bloggers meet up? Linking back to Stacy...btw, this weeks Saturday 9 features John Legend, he will never ever grace my blog, sorry...

Currently in little ole Hornell...pairing this down because frankly, some of the things don't apply to me. grin.

I'm listening to...well, work is playing Christmas music...so yeah...Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" is forever stuck in my head now, grin.

I'm feeling thankful for...many things; family, friends, food, full pantry/freezers and so on...and yes, even the detested 1st job. I am afraid we are headed for another shutdown and at least my job is deemed essential.

I'm loving...the cool crisp mornings. Soon, snow will be here. grin

I'm thinking...about this lovely house and 32 acres in Mansfield, PA. all for $289,000. A little rich for our blood...but...so very pretty. Mansfield is just an hour drive south. We seriously doubt the court will allow us to move far--we are conservators for my mother in law (and that is the hold up and since tech. the courts are still closed...sigh).


The weather...38* and under a wind advisory. 

30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful farm! We have looked at a few over the years, too, and always...they want so much for them. Breaks the heart. Yeah, we're kind of afraid a shutdown is coming, too. Don't know how they expect folks to survive but then maybe that's the point. :( Paper products are becoming impossible to find again as people are stocking up, fearing the worst. Yesterday Sam's Club had lots of giant packs, but only their brand, nothing else and you were limited to 1 pack per card per day so Megan couldn't even buy one as my guest. She was able to find enough to stock up at Walmart last night, though, so whew! LOL Have a blessed an beautiful weekend, my friend. Enjoy your cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...we had 4 trucks make deliveries this week...and the store is a mess...but the shelves are empty of food and paper items. Yet, Christmas items are plentiful. Its going to be a bumpy ride...just saying.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful farm. The Pennsylvania countryside is pretty. I can see what y'all like that.
    So sorry to hear about the shut downs. It's all so silly and unnecessary. Our Governor (R-GA) said, "No more shutdowns. And no mask mandates." He likes being above ground. Just sayin' ... LOL No shortages of any kind our way.
    Have y'all ever considered Jacksonville, Florida or thereabouts? Living on the westside or northside is kinda like livin' in the country but close to shops, schools, restaurants, nursing homes (cough), etc. Easy to access the beach too. Not too shabby.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a bumpy ride and the roller coaster seems never ending...but I try to remember that one day this WILL end, and I hope I have gotten some treasures from it along the way. I am thankful that not a sparrow falls to the ground without our Heavenly Father knowing. I am thankful for likeminded friends as I sit here in my comfy chair. I am thankful that your employer stays open, no matter what, I have a love/hate relationship with that place ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha. I have a hate/love relationship too With that place, LOLOLOLOL.

      Delete
  4. Here, I thought I was the only one who dislikes John Legend!
    Based on the employees' sullen behavior and empty shelves, I'm putting the #1 retailer in my rear view mirror. Will probably have to pay a little more to go elsewhere, but figure my own peace of mind's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - wow that is a beautiful farm, and from my perspective, living in the very expensive West, the price seems like a real bargain. I think Pennsylvania is so green and beautiful. I went to Walmart yesterday and got TP and paper towels after hubby couldn't find any at Costco. I don't want to wish my life away, but I am looking forward to spring when the vaccine is here. Have a good weekend. I am glad you have an "essential job" even though you don't like it much. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think probably NY is pretty pricy compared to where you live too...we are taxed to death here...not to mention the never ending dictatorship cycle. LOL

      Delete
    2. Deb, your comment about Pennsylvania being so green made me smile. Back when I did some mission trips to the Navajo reservation, some of the kids said they wanted to move to PA with me. I asked them what they thought PA was like and the overwhelming answer was "greeeeeeen."

      Delete
  6. Wow, that farm is stunning! And I can't believe the price. In my area, a 1200 sq. ft house on 1/4 acre goes for $289,000.

    Just yesterday, our (Republican) governor took our state back to groups of 10 or less. Exempt from that are religious gatherings and political protest. Sadly, though, my pastor isn't standing on that exemption and has cancelled in-person services to be in compliance with 10 or less. My husband and I have decided it's time to look for another church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH....don't even get me going on these shutdowns, not based on science whatsoever. smiles

      Delete
  7. Agree l00% on JL! Can't stand him;I know that's not Christian but whatever. smile

    Yes, that farm is gorgeous; hold on to your dream, Linda, for some day.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. $289,000 for all of that? That would be at least 3 million here in California. I would LOVE to have 32 acres but we're in our mid 60's and now is not the time to leave our home and family. But when I see prices like this, I get so tempted. I would love to have horses and rescue farm animals. I am dreaming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are quickly heading in to our late 50's...I fully understand that sentiment, smiles.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I love that farm. Sounds like a great deal, but would still be too much for us too. But you could farm it? Or open a B&B to help pay. Or rent out RV spaces...just a few crazy ideas. TP shortages again? Really? Why? Covid doesn't make you poop, does it? Gee whiz...here we go again. I don't know who John Legend is, so don't have an opinion. I don't do those memes anyway. I hope and pray this thing dies out quickly in the new year. I wasn't planning on taking the vaccine, but have been considering it if it really will help things get back to normal. But I am a "wait and see" person. Don't like to be the first in line for anything new and untested. however, my "inlaws" (hubby's family) says they won't be getting together with anyone until there is a vaccine. So, we may never see them again...? That would be sad, but it would be their choice. Please take care of yourself and don't overdo it with work, etc. I would love to see you have that beautiful farm. But praying for God's will and direction for you. That is always the best way to proceed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela...smiles...I always appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  10. Lovely farm.. and am familiar with Mansfield... nice college town as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure is. I was suppose to attend Mansfield, but then I had to have emergency surgery and ended up attending and graduating SUNY Geneseo. smiles

      Delete
  11. Oh, how I would love to have a blogger meet up! Wouldn't we have a great time?
    I love the farm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we sure would, smiles. Have a great day, Mari.

      Delete
  12. Oh that farm is beautiful! That price doesn't sound too awful for such a place and all that land.

    Just feeling that whatever.it.is. between something's gotta give and let me at'im or, in my case, at'er. Ever have that feeling? I think I need some tea...in a corner...with my Bible...facing the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...I understand what your saying, sigh...boy sure do. smiles

      Delete
  13. That farm look perfect for you! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its all baloney. All of it. But then no one listens to me until years later when I always hear.. you were right. Oh well, Yeah Legend and wife are pretty ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. John Legend with his pedo woman. U G H On the Rice chex box. I need stickers to cover their ugliness. She lost that baby through miscarriage and the world mourned. I often think God just has other plans. I have been there and done that, would not wish it on anyone but you can not grief your own loss and think murdering full term babies is A-Ok! Just sick and sad and disgusting. God help them cause no one else can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)