Thursday, November 12, 2020

10 on 10

 Good Morning from a frosty north. Cuomo has decided to impose more restrictions. Funny, here we are 8 months into this thing -wearing masks and yet, its still spreading. Think on that one. By the time you read this, I will be long gone to work. Needless to say, I saw this over at Stacy's and I am so stealing borrowing this. 10 Questions about Thanksgiving.


1. Will you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? I am the only one who would. For the record, I am deeply disappointed in the "virtual" thought. Football? NOPE. Haven't watched one game yet. Movies? Probably-maybe. Diehard series gets pulled out.

2. Who does the cooking? Me. Fix anything ahead of time? The pies. But since I am working this year the day before---I don't know.

3. What time do you eat the big meal? Usually its by 3, but since I have to be at work Black Friday at 4 am, I told the guys to plan on by 1.

4. Do you set a formal table or keep things more casual? It depends. I try to dress up the table, but honestly, the guys don't really care. Place cards? No, I've never used them. Children's table? We don't have small children or grandchildren, and if I did, that would be  NO. I didn't like it growing up and I refuse to separate the children.

5. Is the food placed on the table or served buffet style? I like to serve it buffet style. We eat dinner together every night (exceptions Saturdays when I work until late). I do not like a table that looks so crowded.

6. Ham or turkey? For Thanksgiving it's turkey. What's for dessert? Usually pumpkin pie and sweet potato.

7. Does your family have a Thanksgiving tradition? We were laden with traditions when I was growing up. Now, I am laid back. The one golden rule I insist on; NO ONE TRAVELS. Now, when my son gets his own family, and God willing, I will continue to host dinners and or she can host it. But until then, I make the rules;  NO TRAVELING.

8. Yay or nay to leftovers? YAY! We all like leftovers. Funny, they don't usually like leftovers, but Thanksgiving is completely different. Favorite leftover recipe? I don't really have one. We usually just reheat them in their original form, though I will throw together hot turkey sandwiches or make turkey noodle soup with the last of the bird. 

9. What will everyone wear? Whatever they want to wear. I do insist though, my son, who regularly wears shorts around the house, he must wear pants and a dress / nice shirt. Dress up or comfy? Jeans or dress pants. I would love to go some place to have a fancy dinner like we use to all those pre kid years ago when we lived in Hudson, NY and drove over to Stockbridge, MA. to the Red Lion Inn.

10. For what are you most thankful for this year? Wow. That's a tough one. I am thankful for having a job in this tough economy right now...well, ok, two jobs...juggling, that is. Thankful for the extra income. Because  last year I did not have a job. So many things to be thankful for right now.

tis the season to find this item. So difficult to do so. My good friend, Vee in Maine, told me about this stuff many years ago. It's "a good thing". smiles


p.s. I don't know the signature is showing up twice...sigh. Just roll with it. LOL

11 comments:

  1. Because I'm not fond of yams, I've never tried sweet potato pie. Who knows, this may be the year? I'm going to look for that seasoning ... sodium is NOT my friend.
    Thankful for YOU, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers. Thanksgiving is still up in the air here. Not sure if anyone besides our immediate family is coming or not. They would have to travel about 2 hours, and although we've always hosted it here, (or at our last house), this year who knows what? If they decide they are afraid of spreading the cooties, then we may just keep it to ourselves. LOL. No matter what, it will be a day of Thanksgiving and gratitude to God for bringing us safely through this year. It's been a difficult one to say the least. I love Bells seasoning too. I didn't know it was hard to find. I may need to look for some now. Maybe I did just have that in New Hampshire...but I thought I could get it here too. I don't know. I know I don't have any right now. Hmmm, now I gotta start looking. Does Walmart carry it? probably not. They even quit carrying Little Debbie Fig Bars for some crazy reason. They are the best! LOL. Have a blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your kind of Thanksgiving although I do miss the days when all the family went to Mama's; she was an excellent cook (whereas I'm not) :)

    I'm thankful for many things as well, Linda.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. I've filled one of these out too when you're done workin'. Hope your day was nice.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving here might be just the two of us this year. If so, we agreed to have turkey sandwiches and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, most of my answers would match yours. I am glad that the stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Thursday. I like to make turkey noodle soup with the carcass and left over meat. Of course we have to have sandwiches with lots of mayo. Good that you have your two jobs and I pray you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun meme. Enjoyed your answers! I'm not excited about the Macy's Parade this year for your reason... not sure about the digital stuff either! So many things are so different this year. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, it is a good thing. Thanks for mentioning it. I make a butter rub with a good amount of Bell's in it. Yummo. Speaking of butter...while I was shopping at the store that shall not be mentioned, I saw the most adorable turkey made of butter. I really wanted him, but how silly...I came to my senses and didn't purchase for $3.99. My family would have made short week of him. You have almost talked me into serving buffet style...maybe if I had a bit more room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Macy's parade is cancelled I heard. Bell's is necessary for Thanksgiving and roasted chicken. Nothing works without it. Having the usual suspects at my house.. kids, spouses, the littles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkey at Thanksgiving, Ham at Christmas! We love leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have both ham and turkey. But we have to come and go in shifts since Jeremy & phamily go to his in-laws late in the day, we are early dinner people. I wear my holiday leggings since I Have dozens of them. If I have a solid dress to match and it's cold out and it has been I wear that. The hubby is jeans and t shirts. Nick will wear shorts if it is zero outside. As long as he works from home it is his clothing, Zach and Rebekah go to his mom's later in the day so they are here early and Noelle and Roger will be here. His daughter, sweet Christal has the virus but works in a factory, another hell hole of despair for employees and money lining rich people and their pocketbooks. My big sis died of a horrible cancer as a result of working in a factory atmosphere. I have no love lost for people with filthy piles of dirty money. She has been gone nearly 20 years and I am still broken over her loss and know that is why our mom passed away too 9 months later. No one should lose their children, ever. We use to watch the parade then it went PC! No more interest so good riddance to it. Kind of like Hallmark movies. Everyone appeases the minority groups and to heck with the ones who stood by them.You can not love God and go against Him. You may filter out the comments that would be offensive to some. It's so hard dealing with the clueless and makes me very very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)