Let's play I spy with my little eye (OK 4 eyes, lol). Stopped at the police station and picked up the keys for the museum and where Officer so and so handed me the keys with a hearty "Hello Ms. Linda." Nothing like living in 'Mayberry'. I wonder if I should be worried since they know my name? LOL
While getting the museum to open (flipping on lights, turning signs, getting the display cases on). I spied Pat's Pizzeria, it use to be Cosmic Patty's but the owner passed away a couple of years ago and it remained shuttered. I am told the former employees opened it back up. I am very happy to see this, they were hopping all night.
It's nice to see things haven't changed much.
However, there were a few "new" items.
Please excuse the blurriness, it was very cold in the museum--the heat wasn't coming on for nothing.
All in all a good day, no visitors though, except my husband who wanted to be nosy and see if there was anything new (I suspect he was tired of putting up Christmas lights, lol). And nope, we didn't finish decorating our tree yet.
One last photo before I was leaving...not only was it cold in the building, but outside it was only like 20*. We are under a storm warning for tomorrow, expecting snow and ice. The city Christmas parade is tonight, yep tonight and it will finish off with the lighting of the city Christmas tree.
Have a great day all.







We are expecting a storm here too. Stay warm.
ReplyDeleteYour museum looks interesting.
How fun to work in a museum! I love history and old "stuff." Stay safe and warm in the storm. It's supposed to hit us through the night tonight and a bit in the morning, but then it's supposed to be in the 50's by tomorrow afternoon!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Saturday!
Suppose to remain cold here...sigh...it is nearly winter. smiles
DeleteNo visitors? That can’t be good. Perhaps word of “no heat” has gotten around. If I lived around the corner, I’d enjoy a good wander through culminated with time at the new/old pizza place. I just hope that Officer So and So doesn’t find out that that’s the name you’ve given him. 😁
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend to you! Stay warm...
LOLOL...He/the officer is so young...and for the life of me I cant remember his name, very nice fellow and whenever he sees me in the store, he is like Hello Ms. Linda...and of course my husband, "Umm...you got something to tell me?" LOLOLOL---he knows he is a cop and gets a kick out of it. lol
DeleteWe are going to get a bad storm here, too. As is usual, today will be bright and sunny - right before the storm. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYeah, same here, sigh...but then again, I think we are only like an hour or two drive from you. smiles
DeleteHope you storm isn't as bad as predicted. Our wasn't. That museum looks interesting. Are you a volunteer there? Hope you get your Christmas decorations finished and enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteI interned and earned 3 credits over the summer. They kept me on and I earned the title "Docent" LOL. Actually, the City Historian is in charge and she also runs the middle / high school library- Where I probably will be working after May.
DeleteI got my start with a volunteer position. When one person resigned I was all set to take the position.
ReplyDeleteStay safe and warm during that storm. It might give you a chance to finish decorating.
ReplyDelete