Judy at Carnegie Hall
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Song #1: "When You're Smiling." What made you smile this week?
I received an invite from the City Historian, to whom I interned with this past summer. We are awaiting the ok from Dr. O (my professor) as he has to approve the 'skip' from class.
Song #2: "Almost Like Being in Love." We've all had many crushes, but love is rare. How many times have you fallen in love?
Just once and I am married to him.
Song #3: "This Can't Be Love." This Rodgers and Hart song was introduced in the play, The Boys from Syracuse. Syracuse is the county seat of Onondaga County, NY. What county do you hail from?
Well, birth is Hammond, Indiana (Lake County), I was raised in Chicago which is in Cook, then we moved when I was 8 or so to Ocala, FL. which is in Marion. However, I lived the longest in married life in Tuscaloosa, AL and that was 21 years...so, I would say Tuscaloosa, AL.
Song #4: "Do It Again." What's something you'd do again, if only you had the time or money? (A book you'd like to reread, a recipe or pattern you'd like to make again, a vacation destination you'd like to revisit, etc.)
Get in a RV and just travel the U.S.A.
Song #5: "You Go to My Head." Judy forgets the lyrics, but gamely keeps going. Tell us about a recent moment when you chose to keep going, no matter what.
Every single day...I hate the 45 min. drive to campus and it is really grating on my nerves, or what littler nerves I have left.
Song #6: "Alone Together." Is anyone there with you as you answer these questions, or are you alone?
Alone.
Song #7: "Who Cares?" This song was written by brothers George and Ira Gershwin. They had a lesser known brother, stockbroker Arthur. Are you more creative and artistic, like George and Ira? Or more analytical and methodical, like Arthur?
I just had a professor tell me I need to be more analytical in my writing, whatever that means...however, I am both. I am more OCD and have to have things perfect.
Song #8: "Puttin' on the Ritz." Judy sings that The Ritz is the place in New York "where fashion sits." If we wanted to see everyone "all gussied up" in your town, where would we go?
Here, in Hornell? That is laughable, LOLOL.
Song #9: "How Long Has This Been Going On?" Judy sings about discovering how glorious romance can be. Have you made any new discoveries lately? It doesn't have to be as groundbreaking as Judy's. A new podcast or a faster route to work counts, too.
Shifty Adam Schiff is bat crap crazy, as is the rest of the democratic party and the deep state and yes, friends it does exist.

Oh I love you! Now is there anything that can be done about making that 45 minute drive more pleasant? (I also hate my drive to the clinic, but that would be obvious.🙃)
ReplyDeleteLove you too Vee!!! 4 -5 more weeks, than I am on directed study for the last semester which means less car tips. Keeping you in prayer my sweet friend.
DeleteWhen I was taking classes I had a bit of a drive also. It got old, but then I was done. It is worth it. Hang in there. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Indeed, I am trying to keep that in mind; it is coming to an end, smiles. Have a great weekend, friend.
DeleteThe deep state does exist, and needs to go!! Schiff is an evil, evil man. I hear you on the long commute. My daughter works in NYC which is almost a 2 hour drive for her each day one way.. thats 4 hours there and back. She is now working from home a few days, but still. its long and tiresome. Why you might ask? Big, big bucks.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, big bucks, which we were just discussing...my plans after graduation...and frankly, what you wrote on FB about being away from family or ones home...well...that really rang true.
DeleteMy husband would agree with you on the commute, though his is about the same as Ann's daughter's. It's looking like there will be a project close to home later this year. We are praying his company puts him in charge so he can at least enjoy it for a short while.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started on the Dems.
Happy Weekend!
These were fun songs! I'd love to travel the U.S. in an RV too.
ReplyDeleteDeep state and Schiff - you are right. It's infuriating and also sad how many people believe him and his cronies.