Hey, it's Friday! Looks to be another rain day.
![]() |
| try 100* lol |
So, let me do a Thursday recap...
--Hubby came in yesterday morning around 9 and said he was done working outside due to the extreme humidity. Even jumped in the pool to cool off. It has been so humid here, more so than usual, so it seems. So, he said he wanted to head down to the Villages in Oxford as we haven't been down there in a couple of months. I say "down" there-its only 20 min. from where we presently we live. They are putting up new subdivisions, condos, apartments etc...and it is in a different county than ours and we have discussed moving down there-taxes are way cheaper. The Marion County housing market is way too much for us. Sigh and that folks, is the truth.
--1st stop was our favorite antique place. We love this place; the owners are wonderful and they always remember us and they like to have real conversations with their customers, yesterday was no exception. Another couple who are sick of the cost of living etc. Hubby did buy a Zippo lighter, he collects them. No reason, he doesn't smoke. But he rehabs them, cleans them and puts them on his shelf. This all started when he was in the Marines. He has hundreds of all kinds of Zippo Lighters. Yes, even a Playboy one.
![]() |
| not me, I got the photo off the internet and that is one of the owners. |
--Second stop was the thrift store and didn't buy anything.
--Third stop was Marshalls where my eye spotted Halloween plates/decor. They were so cute. I didn't buy any.
Even hubby thought they were pretty cool. I will admit I might have gotten a little giddy over these. I did buy and stock up on my favorite facial cream Altaire that I had ran out of last month and they are usually $30 at a department store, and at Marshalls, since they are remodeling the store, they marked it down to $4.50-so I put all 3 boxes in my cart and hubby goes, "Now, that is smart." Also, my Paul Mitchell shampoo and hair products were on sale as was my Cetaphil, score...and I only spent a total of $36. On that note, there is this new thing going around and I noticed these items too, Korean Glass Skin Regime and Snail Cream. I simply can't put snails on my face--or even the thought of it. Just saying.
![]() |
| took the photo when I got home. Because of sensitive skin and burn scars on my face, I use Cetaphil. |
Ok...By this time, it was like 1:00 and we were hungry. We had no plans whatsoever to really stop to eat because I wanted pizza for dinner...and I had remembered there was a NYPD Pizza nearby. So...
--Fourth stop...NYPD PIZZA, we have never been there and we were not disappointed. Boy, this pizza bought back memories of pizza back in NY.
You can get slices and the slices were huge and hubby suggested we bring home a supreme pizza. I am such a cheap date, $32 for lunch/take home pizza. Hey, it pays to be a senior citizen now. LOL
So, then we headed home because it was so hot, humid and it was thundering pretty good...why in the world do they make roundabouts in rural areas? It is beyond me. Sumter County just finished doing this...crazy.
No sooner than we got through the roundabout, it started pouring.
Our last stop was Tractor Supply to pick up some items for Ms. LilyBelle who is suffering from an ear infection, her poor ear...I waited in the truck. I was so not getting out in that thunderstorm.
Yes folks, rain and sunny. That is Florida for you. It could be raining on one side of the road and not the other. Yep.
Well, friends...that is it...and probably enough TMI for the day. Wishing you all a beautiful day.










Great score on the beauty products! 👏👏👏 That’s awesome! Glad y’all had a good day. Hope Miss LilyBelle feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteFinally we can comment again. Yesterday was brutal...no comments all day long! Anyway, looks like you had a fun day. I haven't been to Oxford/Villages in years. I know it has really changed since we used to live in Summerfield and went down there a lot, but I wouldn't go near The Villages now if I didn't have to. LOL. I hate roundabouts. We had to go to Gainesville yesterday for a Dr. appt. for John, and they have those things and I was driving, and it was awful, but we made it. I agree with you about the way things are today (I ready your Thursday post too and am running them together in my mind and comments)...it's a crazy sick world out there and I try to stay out of it as much as possible, but we as believers do have to take a stand and stand firm. It's not always easy. I hope you have a pleasant long weekend. We had a humdinger of a thunder storm last night, but we needed the rain so we enjoyed it. Take care and have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou found some amazing deals, Linda! Yes, Florida is a hothouse of humidity, isn't it? Glad you could get some pizza, too.
ReplyDeleteThe pizza looks good. I haven't thought about Paul Mitchell for years. Prays for Miss Lilybelle. Ear pain is the worst!
ReplyDelete