Friday, September 11, 2026

Sept. 11 Chat...

 A Sept. 11 chat, good late evening from a very humid 88* Central Florida at nearly 7 pm. It has been rumbling since 4 pm, but no rain as of yet. We are under a weather alert, so hopefully, the weather will break soon.


...still after 25 years, that memory still burns very much in my brain. Unfortunately, what I have been reading and watching on tv, especially the news, it's just sad...sad because there is a whole generation who are accepting many different alternatives to that narrative. Even have lawmakers giggling and laughing at a somber event. I am also remembering Charlie Kirk, whom I did meet many years ago. That is another story for another time. I digress into other stuff...because this is just too depressing and sad.

From the homefront. We still have not brought out the fall stuff...my brain still can't fathom its September and still 100* during the day. However, my husband has been busy painting the front and back decks.


Still needs work, he started painting it yesterday.


He also made a temporary railing out of old fence posts. It's slow going due to the extreme heat and humidity. Considering what it was before (falling down and dangerous) it's all good. He made the new deck wider by 3 feet. Unfortunately, his brother didn't have kind things to say about it. Apparently, we're poor and white trash-his words. 


Here's hoping I can get into the Pumpkin season sooner than later...it's just too hot and humid. sigh. 

Wishing you all a beautiful evening.

P.S. The new teacher who is taking my place was supposed to start today, after many phone calls and text messages from the boss last night...anyways, something happened and she did not show up. I was at the meeting place to bring her into/thru security at the said time and she never showed up. The bossman is off for 2 weeks and he hasn't a clue what happened. He is working to find out...no worries, she will be here when she gets here. She is no stranger to working in a prison, etc. so probably her paperwork hadn't got finished yet, we will find out. 

8 comments:

  1. Well, that's a not a great way to start a new job, by now showing up! Hopefully she has a good excuse and it will still work out so you can move on to the next level! And how dare your brother in law say such a thing!!!!! I suppose his life is perfect and everything he has is golden...but I've learned in life that what goes around comes around...and to be careful what you say about other people, because, "there, but for the grace of God go you." In this day and age we are all blessed and fortunate to find any decent place to live reasonably. And bigger is NOT always better, so on and so on. People who say such things get my dander up. LOL. Sorry.
    I think your new deck/porch looks nice. I keep debating on painting ours white, but no one else seems interested in doing it, and I know I can't, so there, that's that. LOL. I hope you have a pleasant weekend. It IS the weekend again already, isn't it???!!! Wow! This week flew by. Take care and get some rest. bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember 9/11 so clearly too. A terrible day and now people so it was deserved... It's awful. I didn't know you met Charlie Kirk. What a wonderful man he was.
    I can't believe your BIL said that about the deck. That alone says a lot about him, and it's not good. I think it looks nice and kudos to Dave for not being afraid of hard work.
    I hope things work out with the new teacher, this is a rough start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rude thing to say. Just let it roll off, Linda. It doesn't even deserve a response. Someone,who says something like that has some major issues. He's actually not happy with himself, so he enjoys putting others,down to make himself feel superior. Pray for him. He needs Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh btw, I like your deck. I like resourcefulness and repurposing old pallets. I think it is a great idea and it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping and praying for a great week ahead for you, Linda. Thanks for visiting my blog so that I made sure to include you on the new list of friends I'm trying to hold onto through Feedly. Life can certainly give us lemons where there should be lemonade. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The events of September 11 are deeply etched in my mind. I was in my classroom teaching when another colleague came in screeching "we were all going to die". Yes, she did which upset the special needs students I was working with at the time. And I was appalled to see/hear those politicians laughing and carrying on during the somber remembrance ceremonies. I think the new deck looks awesome and kudos to David for reusing/repurposing the pallets. Pay no mind to what his brother says! Have a relaxing Saturday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed and prayers lifted that the new teacher shows up with a valid excuse so you can get away from that job and into the new position. Keep us posted!! Dave's brother needs to get over himself. The new decks look great and congrats to Dave for using resources available in this horrid heat to make something safe and attractive. Good grief! Have a happy weekend, Linda. Sorry to be late getting here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your deck is absolutely fine. ( D in TN ). We were in beach condo on that day. Navy helicopters flying very slowly right at edge of sand beach looking with binoculars at us on balcony.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)