Saturday, June 21, 2025

Intentions are good...

 My intentions were to post this past week. Sorry about that, intentions were good, honest. I just never got around to posting. BTW, at 7 am it is 73* with 95% humidity.


Today are just simple things I am grateful for which outweigh the not grateful for.

Grateful for:

*For late after thunderstorms that rock the ground/house. Old fashioned storms that really just rock everything around us. I know some folks don't like this sort of thing, but me, I love them. The lightening has been something else, that is for sure.

*For that one cup of coffee in the morning. Just one.

*As soon as I walked through the door, hubby goes, "Wanna go for a swim?" Sure, and we had a brief dip before the storms rolled in. It was like bathwater, beautiful. He worked all week to get it ready.

*Grateful for central ac. Just saying...we have had temps 100* for a few weeks now. Some of you are just starting summer, here in central Florida we have been in it for months, LOL.

*For common sense and holding my tongue on some things (professionally speaking). 

*For my husband who listens and has my back, even though he is dealing with his own set of issues.

Not Grateful for:

-Rude doctors/medical staff. I have this coming Wednesday and Thursday off (taking some sick leave) to deal with this and find a new doctor. The cardiologist I am supposed to see wants another EKG done because she said so. No reason why, just because she said so and that is her rule. NO was my answer, because I just had one ordered by my doctor to you, what's the big deal you ask? It will cost me $60 --$30 for her visit and another $30 for the EKG. AND then my dr. said she is not renewing my bp medication. Why? "Because I said so" she said, that is the reason I got. WHY? I pressed. Because she said. Enough of this nonsense. Whatever happen to lovely doctors who care? Out the window I suppose.

**On that note, Grateful for a hubby who said, "Enough! Get a new doctor!" 

-Oh oh, I just lied...I did not hold my tongue. The stress at work is unreal, unnecessarily so. For instance, if you think I am going to attend a weeklong convention in Orlando and be around people/socialize/network/party hardy for 12 + hrs--your nuts. And if you think I am going to dress professionally (wear proper shoes/heals and stockings) you are cuckoo for cocoa puffs. I did say that, btw. My boss said I will be written up if I didn't obey--oh contraire I said because I do have a dr. note stating so and so about the shoes/arthritis. Go ahead, try me. I did say that. (The gall (of me saying this), y'all are thinking, lol)--I have reached that breaking point. You.are.not.going.to.mess.with.my.feet. Period.

**My husband, "Linda, you always look professional when you leave for work. I don't understand." Nor do I.

And lastly...

Something funny:


LOL. So very true.

Have a beautiful day...
we have some running around to do today...sigh...not looking forward to going out and about in this humidity.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to get your running around completed early on so you can get out of the heat. I am wondering about your employment and boss with this conference. It sounds like to me they are looking for ways to make it as difficult as possible with perhaps you either capitulating or quitting. I hope you have a relaxing and peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! You said you were thankful for common sense, but unfortunately it is rare! You need a few more people around you that have it. :) And holding your tongue is exceedingly difficult!
    We are predicted to have Florida like weather all next week - high humidity and temps in the 100's!
    Thankful you have Dave. This Dr sounds like a case, and not a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not being rude to stand up to what you want/believe in! Just saying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope and pray you can get another doctor that you like and can trust, Linda. The one you have now sounds like a first class b----. Do I need to learn to hold my tongue? In spite of everything, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hot here too but at least it's somewhat cool of the mornings. Don't know how long that will last.
    Sorry about all the stress. Yes, get a new doctor. I've never had too luck with female ones. Our doctor is a young male and he listens. A good guy. Sad to hear about the work situation. That's so unnecessary for him to be such a bohunkus. Besides, that sounds peculiar, like, he's up to sumthin' nefarious. Just sayin'.
    Sending prayers that things will improve.
    Love 😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Linda...This is a great list of things to be grateful for.. As for the rudeness of the doctor...no excuse! I definitely would be looking for another doctor. I hope you find one that has some great bedside manners and not full of themselves. I do love the sound of thunder that comes with the summer thunderstorms, but the lightning scares me!! Enjoy that swim and enjoy your days off..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow ... I don't know if I'm more appalled by that doctor or your boss! Thanking God for your Dave .... and lifting prayers for grace to get through these trying days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A arrogant Doctor who won’t give you an answer as to why she’s discontinuing your bp meds, needs to go. I go Wednesday to the Cardiologist after waiting 7 weeks from the ER visit. I’m so happy to have finally found one that I’m not even bothered by the fact that it is a “Cardiologist “ I’ll take it one step at a time!
    Enjoy that swimming pool - 🏊‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you find a new doctor. "Because I said so" is not an acceptable way to speak to a patient. Sometimes doctors have good reasons for repeating a test ordered by another doctor, but she should explain that. Good riddance to this unkind and unprofessional person. You deserve better. Also, I hope you can find someone who understands how stressful your job is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. Sounds like you are going through some stressful times at work. I hope that everything works out. I hear you about the heat - we got up over 100 last week. Thankfully, we don't have the humidity, and the temps have cooled off for the weekend. I hope you find a doctor you like better. That can be a challenge. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heat and humidity are killer for sure. Glad your hubby got the pool installed and that you are enjoying it!! Sorry about your problems at work and hope the boss pulls back. I got out and about this morning. My low tire pressure light came on during my trip home from Clermont yesterday. My tires are filled with nitrogen so I couldn't take care of them. Went in search of a Tire place and found Tires Plus not far from home. The checked my tires (no leaks) and topped them all off for me and didn't change me a penny. He said they were all down a few pounds. I'll sure use them again! Then I went to Publix for a few things. Not much else was accomplished. I'm being so lazy. Wishing you a blessed Sunday and a good week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, that is so nice that your hubby asked you to go swimming with him. I love to soak in in my spa and now that it has been repaired, I plan to. Good that you ask for a new doctor. I hope all goes well at work. I am so glad to be retired! Enjoy your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy you have the pool now, and I hope the thunderstorms will hold off long enough for you to get a good soak in the pool before they roll in...or wait until they are done might be safer actually. Lightning and water is nothing to mess around with ! Your doctor sounds like a jerk. I hope you find a new one pronto! And I hate to say it, but your boss doesn't sound much better. Praying about that situation as well. And sending you (((HUGS)))...but not too close because we are both so "hot" right now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)