Sunday, July 3, 2022

Meme Catching Up...

 Hello on a late Sunday (although it feels Saturday, lol). All is good here...just busy, busy, busy...mainly work and the folks/friends we are staying with everything something to do/ go places every weekend and I am plum worn out. Thank you so much for the sweet comments you left, smiles. It does a heart good. So, how about catching up on the Memes?


Happy Fourth of July and welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4!     

Let's talk about Independence Day.

1. In previous times every family read the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights on July 4 to keep in mind the huge price paid by a minority of patriots for freedom and liberty.  What do you think about this tradition?  I hope you will institute it and value it.  It is so important.

Of course---as a Constitutional Historian it is very important to know your history; the good the bad and the ugly. This water down nonsense is getting on my nerves. And let's not even mention our own government and state governments who are doing this as well.

2. Fresh made lemonade was a huge deal in the Midwest when Laura Ingalls Wilder was a young girl. It was a very special treat.  Every family brought a dish to the town celebration.  What foods and drinks will you have on this important day?

Well, I know my husband is making hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. The friends we are staying with, they really don't do much celebrating.

3. Will you be watching fireworks... a great American tradition on this day? They are deeply rooted in the American tradition.

WELLLLLL...we did when we lived in NY, HOWEVER, Ocala/Marion County has no public fireworks display and haven't since 2019. AND since I have to work Tuesday and it doesn't get dark until nearly 10, we will not be finding any fireworks.

4.  Will your flag be out?  Do you own one?

The flag is always out. Our Godson whose parents we are staying with (lifelong friends) is a Marine and now county sheriff deputy. We were talking if we ever get moved in, it will be like Christmas, as I / we really don't remember what we have in all those boxes and totes in storage, LOLOL.

 Quick 4th fact: Did you know that the term Commander in Chief cannot be used except in times of Congressionally declared war? A president has no authority over the military until then.  Yeahhhhhhh...but this current illegit administration sure is getting away with many things.


1. What music were your parents listening to when you were a kid?  Does that music bring back memories for you?

My parents listened the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's rock and roll. Sure does, the Doobie Brothers and so on.

2. What was your favorite meal and beverage as a teenager? Is it still or have things changed for you?

Pizza and Pepsi. Yep, still.

3. As a teen did you live in a city, country, small town? What was it like for you there? Tell us about your hometown please?

We moved back to our hometown a few months after Liam passed away-Ocala, Florida it's no longer Slow Ocala. It's a growing metropolis--although we live out in horse country close to Dunnellon. Ocala is known as the horse capitol of the world. Oh, and it very tropical, humid and hot. No need for snow boots and such here, LOL.

4. Would you like to live in your hometown today? Why or why not?

We do. LOLOLOL NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I EVER THINK WE WOULD BE BACK HERE. It's quite expensive too--we simply can't afford a regular stand house--they cost anywhere from $300,00 on up.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in your hometown and getting settled.
    I wish they did the fireworks the night before, so working people could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has gotten very expensive in every way. No celebration for me all alone here and I hate it. Havent heard from my kids so not sure what they are doing and I get tired of trying to whip something up. Maybe a friend will come over for hot dogs.. not sure but I might ask.. I am so glad you are doing the memes. Means alot and you are so sweet to take the time out of your schedule to do this. Even with the lockdown my town didnt do it. Everybody was out and celebrating back then and still do. Every holiday homes were filled with people. Have a happy 4th. Its such an important holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all a wonderful Independence Day! Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy July 4th! Not much happening here, either. Our daughter works 3-9 so didn't want to bother with a picnic. Hearing that, Mom and my stepdad decided to stay at his home on the ridge and not come to town. It's to be 90 degrees so zero desire to go to the parade. I got a couple of small Delmonicos for us to do on the grill and I will probably sneak out to the pool sans grandchildren for the first time, but that's it for us as it's back to work for Tim in the morning and I begin training for my new job tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My step-mom loved Polka music. That always reminds me of her.
    Have a beautiful day!
    Love,
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are back in Florida!! I enjoyed catching up with you through the memes. I worked this morning and am just chilling now. Feeling good! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to see you back on here. I miss your frequent conversations with us, but I understand why. I'm also glad you are back in "your hometown"...and I hope we can meet up one of these days soon. Yeah, it's been very hot and sultry lately, and I am sure looking forward to fall, whenever it gets here! I know you are too. Please take care and enjoy each day as it comes. God has done some wonderful things for you and we are thankful for how He has shown you His lovingkindness in your old hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so frustrated with this administration.
    We grilled hotdogs and we stayed in during the fireworks so Meisha would feel safe. She gets so scared. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)